Discover Card payment creating pending transaction for incorrect account

Options
Dillon
Dillon Member ✭✭

I have two discover credit card accounts. When I make a payment to one Simplifi is creating a pending payment to the incorrect card. When the payment gets booked to the correct card the pending payment isn't cleared off of the incorrect so this causes my balances to be incorrect. It will also link the debit from checking account transaction to the wrong one at times, which blocks it from marking the correct one as a transfer. I have to manually delete the pending payment from the incorrect account for this to clear. It took me awhile to figure out why my balances were not correct and doesn't help instill confidence in the aggregated data by Simplifi.

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Dillon,

Thanks for reaching out to the community about this issue. So we could get a better understanding of the issue at hand, could you provide screenshots showing the issue in Quicken Simplifi? Additionally, you can reference our article instructions here for How to Resolve Balance Discrepancies: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies#h_2ba14b2526

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Dillon
    Dillon Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Coach Jon,

Though the article mentions ways to fix this discrepancy (e.g. deleting the pending transaction), the fact that the transaction is showing up under the incorrect account still seems like a bug. This causes it to never be cleared from pending, and likely be linked to the other side of the payment (transfer) which blocks the actual payment from linking once it's booked.

Here is a screenshot of my balances, notice that I have a positive balance for the first account due to the incorrect pending payment:

Here is the incorrect pending payment in the transaction list that I will need to delete for my accounts to properly balance again:

Notice that is it linked as a transfer from my checking, and added linked to my recurring payment.

Here is the booked payment on the correct account:

I have left the incorrect pending payment on the account so that I could show this issue, and will leave it there for now so that it can be investigated. I pay the other account on the 16th of the month, so I can see if it happens in reverse as I can't remember from memory, I just usually fixed it. Let me know if you need any additional information.

• Dillon
    Dillon Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon

I'd also like to note that while my screenshots above clearly state "Balance with pending", they are not setup that way. When I go to the account settings I see this:

And I haven't changed these settings since the account was added. But I'm not really worried about this as I didn't even notice it. I'm more concerned with the transaction ending up on the incorrect account.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Dillon,

Thanks for the information. I would suggest contacting Quicken Simplifi support directly in this case for more advanced troubleshooting. This way, they can determine what the next steps should be and escalate if need be. They will want to know if this is a manual transaction or if this is being downloaded automatically from the bank and whether you have any transaction rules in place that could be causing this. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thanks,

Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.