Barclaycards transactions disappearing when they clear

Options
Wedo778
Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭

This first happened on Sunday for a charge I made Friday. I assumed it was a glitch and manually recreated the transaction. Now it has happened to two more charges.

1. Use my card to pay for something
  2. A pending charge shows up in both the bank website and in Simplifi
  3. A couple days pass, the charge clears and is no longer pending
  4. Charge shows up in the bank website
  5. Charge disappears from Simplifi. The card balance is still accurate despite the missing transactions

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Wedo778,

To troubleshoot this issue, you will want to establish a fresh connection with the financial institution. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Make all of the accounts with this bank manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Kristina

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Coach Kristina

Yes resetting the account pulls them in. Though, I had recreated the one from Friday manually already and it did not duplicate it. Unsure if it recognized my manual transaction as the same thing as I have never added a manual transaction to a download account.

However the main issue isn't getting these transactions back, The issue is they disappeared in the first place. I would like someone determining what bug exists that caused it to happen and correcting that bug. The current state leaves me unable to trust the product I am paying for to deliver the functionality it advertises. I only happened to notice that the transactions were missing because when I opened the app today it told me that I had spent $0 this week (all my spending happened to be on that card). So who knows what other transactions have or will go missing from which accounts that could wind up screwing up all my budget numbers. If I can't trust that my transactions are properly recorded, thats a problem.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Wedo778, I'm glad to hear that re-establishing a connection with the bank did the trick!

Since the issue was resolved by following these steps, I'd suggest just keeping an eye on things and letting us know if the issue resurfaces. These types of troubleshooting steps are offered for a reason (to resolve these types of issues), and it sounds like they were successful in your case.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

So what I'm hearing is that Simplifi wont be looking into why customer transactions randomly disappear because IF they happen to notice it then there is a workaround to bring them back.

This discussion has been closed.