Apple App Store Subscriptions

Options
user2942
user2942 Member
edited April 12 in Bills and Income

Has anyone found a way to automate their Apple app store subscriptions in their spending plan? I've added all of my Apple subscriptions individually to the "recurring" list, but of course, Apple bills them in combination with one another, so Simplifi never recognizes that these subscriptions have been paid. Any ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @user2942,

Thanks for reaching out. Just to clarify what the specific issue is, could you let us know what seems to occur when Apple bills you? Does the combination billing always occur every time like how you described, or is it more erratic? Are you billed for multiple things at once, and you are trying to track that as recurring subscriptions in Quicken Simplifi?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon I presume they mean for subscription services (like apple news +, apple TV, various other streaming services that may bill through it) - they want it treated like a biller.

I expect that individual app purchases wouldn't be expected to be included.

Rob Wilkens

• user2942
    user2942 Member
    Options

Hi, @Coach Jon ,

Yes, @RobWilk is correct. I have several subscriptions, such as streaming services and recurring app subscriptions, that are billed through the Apple app store. Apple bills multiple of these items at once in an irregular combination each month, and if I make any one time purchases, Apple will add those into the irregular lump charges. This makes my "recurring series" in Simplifi ineffective at recognizing that a subscription fee has been paid, and it continues to withhold that amount from my spending plan until I manually delete the reminder.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.