Simplifi Roundpoint mortgage aggregation problem but it works on MX aggregator [Edited]

Options
snovvman
snovvman Member

This thread was closed:

There are posts that says it's Roundpoint's problem, but using [Removed] and MX as the aggregator, I am able to download transactions from Roundpoint with no issues. MX has a connection called "Roundpoint New", which points to bkiconnect. IT works just fine. The old connectors that uses roundpointmortgage.com obviously no longer work. If MX can do it, why not Simplifi?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @snovvman,

To answer your question, the posts indicate the issue is happening on the financial institution's servers because a FDP-155 error indicates the financial institution is blocking our aggregation service from being able to connect. The recommended action is to reach out to the financial institution directly for assistance since they are the only ones able to correct issues on their servers. MX is not Quicken Simplifi's aggregation partner, so that is probably why we still are blocked while the competitor you mentioned is not.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• snovvman
    snovvman Member
    Options

@Coach Kristina thanks for your reply. My point regarding MX is that the aggregation can be done, and that Roundpoint switched their URL from roundpointmortgage.com to bkiconnect. Whatever Simplifi uses, will you please check to see if it is at least trying to make the connection at bkiconnect and using the proper web services or API? There would be no use for us to contact Roundpoint unless we know that Simplifi is connecting to the right host and adhering to Roundpoint's requirements.

Will you please confirm?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@snovvman, that's not something we'd be able to confirm here in the Community. We use Intuit as our aggregation partner, so the bank would need to touch base with them to have the connection updated. You can share this link with your bank: https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/ofx/

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think that aggregation is an "all-or-nothing" proposition. Each institution has to approve each aggregator, I think. Why they wouldn't be approving Intuit is something you'd have to raise with the bank.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• snovvman
    snovvman Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie, if I understand your statement, the institution MUST contact OFX in order to update their URL? Is, then, the opposite true that OFX does not, or never contacts an institution or update the connector for an institution without the institution contacting OFX first? If my statement is true, then it must be true that EVERY OFX connector was a result of the institution/bank contacting OFX to establish? That simply does not sound right.

When I try to add Roundpoint, it is still going to Roundpointmortgage.com rather than bkiconnect. You have users on this thread telling you that this is the problem. What is keeping OFX from reaching out to Roundpoint to update the connector? Am I to understand that if neither OFX nor Roundpoint reach out, then we will never have a working connector?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@snovvman, the only thing we can let you know here in the Community is that the bank is permanently/indefinitely blocking connection traffic, and for this particular situation, you'll need to contact the bank directly to have the issue addressed from their end. You can share the OFX website with the bank so they have a link to our aggregation service provider.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.