Bank transaction updates on weekends

Options
EDG
EDG Member

It seems that banking transactions do not reflect the current posted transactions over the weekend until Monday. Is there any way to force/refresh posted transactions from the bank?

Best Answer

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Simplifi and all other such apps do not have any ability to affect what goes on at your banks. All banks process transactions on business days onlly over night. They all have a cut off as to what transactions will be processed on a given business day - i.e. my main bank will not process any transactions I attempt after 5:000PM on business days. Saturday, Sunday and certain national holidays are not business days and therefore any transactions that take place on those days will not be processed until the next business day. I don’t pay a lot of attention to it, but even if one of my credit card issuers will post charges as pending pretty much 24/7 and thise pending charges are readily available for download, I will see them in Simplifi as pending transactions, but nothing happens with those transactions at the bank until the next business day.

This should be understood and all spending involving bank and bank balances treated accordingly.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16
    Options

I know what you say is true for Chase. CHASE does not currently allow downloads of transactions on weekends, but does update balances. Yes, this is a problem.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not just weekends with chase. It can be holidays, late evenings, early mornings.

Rob Wilkens

• EDG
    EDG Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply….. this also seems to be the case for Citizens Bank as well.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I cannot confirm that, someone from QS support may be able to confirm.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.