I found a bug in refund tracking

Options
pixie813
pixie813 Member

This is concerning, and I have a theory as to why it happened. It does appear to be a bug.

A transaction came in as follows:

This is incorrect, specifically the payee of Home Depot. The payee was not home depot. This is my chase credit card payment, as follows:

For some reason, Quicken changed the payee from the usual "Payment Thank You - Web" to Home Depot. I believe that it did this because I am tracking a refund from home depot. So, it took the first positive transaction that came in and just decided that was it even though neither payee or amount was a match? That is just plain wrong. I think the refund tracker needs some work. It should be a match on payee, and not change the payee!!! Very confused about the logic behind this feature.

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited March 18
    Options

Hello @pixie813,

Thanks for reaching out to the community! I believe all you need to do here is unlink your refund from the transaction. Here is an article explaining how to do this: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4606217-using-the-refund-tracker#h_2e7bf13840

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• pixie813
    pixie813 Member
    Options

I don't really see how that would help considering the details of the transaction were corrupted by Quicken Simplifi automatically. I know how to unlink a refund. The problem lies in automatic adjustment of the transaction details. Can this be investigated further? I cannot explain how this happened but must be something on the backend.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @pixie813,

Thanks for your reply! Sometimes one-off discrepancies can occur like this, and having the option to unlink a transaction from a refund allows users control over these types of issues. Since you were able to resolve the problem using this option, an escalation would not be necessary in this situation. Hope this makes sense!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.