Bills don't stay connected

Options
Aranel
Aranel Member
edited March 18 in Bills and Income

I successfully connected both Verizon and State Farm about a week or so ago, and a few days later I got a notification that they needed attention (I didn't login to see that notification until today), and now both of them are reporting that they are "locked", but there is nothing wrong with either account on their respective websites.

What is going on here? I haven't had any failed login attempts for either account. I can't have entered the wrong password or failed the MFA because I haven't done anything! Simplifi seems to be doing this all on its own.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Aranel,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! To help clarify and resolve this issue for you, could you answer these questions please?

1. How are you receiving your one-time verification code? If you are receiving the code via SMS text, please try to have the code emailed instead, if that's an option.
    2. Is there an option that enables the security setting for the verification code on the biller's website? Check and see if it's off.
      If it isn't enabled: Enable it and try again.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Aranel
    Aranel Member
    Options

Verizon only gives me the option to verify by phone. It's a phone app, it's not a text message, and there is no way to change it to something else. Verification is already enabled. When I try to log in, Simplifi still tells me that my account is locked.

I think I was able to enable two-step verification with State Farm, but again, Simplifi still tells me that my account is locked.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The issue you mention with Verizon is a known issue which has already been reported to the proper channels for further investigation and resolution. We do not currently have an ETA.

You mentioned that State Farm doesn't stay connected. About how long does it stay connected before claiming it's locked? Is this the first time you've seen this issue, or has it been doing this repeatedly?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• Aranel
    Aranel Member
    Options

It connected to State Farm the first time I tried it. Then it started reporting that it is locked, and it has been doing that ever since, so there's no way it could have happened a second time.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Aranel, thanks for posting back!

It looks like our Biller Service Provider has implemented some changes regarding the verification process for both State Farm and Verizon. At this point, I'd suggest establishing a completely fresh connection with the Billers by following these steps:

1. Disconnect from the Billers by following the steps here.
    2. Reconnect to the Billers by following the steps here.

Let us know how things go!

-Coach Natalie

• Aranel
    Aranel Member
    Options

The connection to State Farm appears to have worked (of course, it worked once before, until it stopped working).

When I tried to connect to Verizon, after I verified in the Verizon app, the little "Connecting to Verizon Wireless" in the corner of the screen just kept going and going and going until eventually it timed out.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Is the State Farm connection still working? If not, what error message are you seeing? You mentioned that you were able to enable two factor authentication for the account. Did you receive/verify the code when connecting?

When I check on our end for the most recent attempt to connect to Verizon, I can see there is an error message. The message I see on our end is: "In order to continue linking, a notice will be sent to ###-###-####. Once you select Send Notification, you will have two minutes to respond."

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• Aranel
    Aranel Member
    Options

State Farm is no longer connected. This is the entire message:
    We ran into an error when trying to link your biller. Try again.
    This login is locked. You will need to resolve this with your biller before connecting to Simplifi

The last time I connected it, it sent me a code and I entered it and everything appeared to be working (the same as the first time I connected it, and yes, I have two-factor authentication enabled for the account).

What happens when I try to connect to Verizon is that I get to the message you described, then the notification pops up on my phone and I approve the connection in the Verizon app, then the notification on Simplifi just says "connecting" endlessly until it times out. (Just now when I tried it, instead of telling me it had timed out, the little notice in the upper left of the window just went away.)

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Aranel, thank you for the update!

I think we're going to need to get this escalated using a different route. To do so, please provide the following data:

1. A screenshot of the Account Summary page from each of the Biller's websites that shows the full page URL. Please redact any private info.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.