Set Custom goal amount cannot be zero(0) on mobile app

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 19 in Report a Bug

If i try setting a custom savings goal amount to zero, the "set amount" button is disabled. I presume i should be allowed to set that to zero.

I will reuse this screenshot in a different topic shortly.

[edited image to reduce size]

Rob Wilkens

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RobWilk,

Thank You for the post. To help clarify, why would you need a $0 goal in this case? What is trying to be accomplished here for better understanding of the issue?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For the SPENDING PLAN specifically, not an individual goal, there is an option PER MONTH to set a Custom Amount for that month. SOME MONTHS, I might need the money for other purposes in the spending plan, so i am, for those months, contributing nothing to savings.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here's a specific example. ....

Normally i contribute $1000 to savings

This month, i used a savings goal to purchase a $700 subscription (*Adobe cc), and also took at least $300 from savings for vacation related expenses (I'm writing this from the hotel pool).

So, even though i did transfer $1000 to savings, i took that much out as well.

i cannot set a custom savings goal for the month to zero. It insists i contribute at least a penny.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    Options

@RobWilk - can you just not skip a month in saving and set a non-zero goal when you are ready to save? As a user, I rather not set up a goal or transaction with $0 as it could mess up the data.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA how do i skip a month? I have thousands in existing goals and do not wish to delete them.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I defer to the coaches to reply. I do not think deleting the goals is needed. @Coach Jon ?

Minter 2014-2023

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA this is neither a goal nor a transaction, btw. This is a spending plan line item.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let me clarify where i am in the mobile app

Menu

Spending plan

Income after bills

Savings goals

Options

Set custom goal amount

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't see the post asking me about a $0 goal. In short, I don't need or want a goal of any kind for this purpose- - I'm not editing the goal. I'm editing the amount set aside in the spending plan for savings goals. This is -not- a specific goal, this is the amount held aside that month in the spending plan.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I found the option you mentioned.

Spending plan

Income after bills

Savings goals

Options

Set custom goal amount

The web app also does not allow setting a $0 custom goals amount either. That looks to be by design.

If you are not saving anything, why not just leave what the system has or exclude the savings goal in question from the spending plan for the month? I defer to @Coach Jon or @Coach Natalie for alternate approaches.

Minter 2014-2023

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20
    Options

Because it deducts money from my spending plan.

It comes out of income after bills and savings. If I'm not contributing to a savings goal that month, i would want the option of not deducting from the spending plan.

This change literally amounts to :

Change :

if (ContributedAmount > 0) {

//ENABLE BUTTON

} else {

//DISABLE BUTTON

}

to

if (ContibutedAmount >= 0) {

// ENABLE BUTTON

} else {

//DISABLE BUTTON

}

It turns out, after payday today, i'm netting a $0.06 savings goal contribution this month, which was probably my interest. So I can set my contribution to $0.06 and use it as is this month.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@RobWilk, thanks for pointing this out to us!

Yes, I am also seeing that I cannot use a $0 Custom Amount for Savings Goals in the Spending Plan on the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App. The issue appears to actually impact every section in Bills & Income in the Spending Plan on the Mobile App, as I can't use a $0 Custom Amount for any of them (Bills, Subscriptions, etc). I got this issue reported and will let you know when we hear back.

@UrsulaA, to use a $0 Custom Amount on the Web App, you just have to type over the text that's in the Custom Amount field with a "0", and then the Set Amount button will engage. I was able to set a $0 Custom Amount for every section in the Bills & Income section of the Spending Plan on the Web App —

As for being able to "skip" Savings Goals in the Spending Plan, we have an Idea post that can be voted on!

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-20217

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.