"Withdrawal Debit Card Check Card" downloading for Sound Credit Union transactions (edited)

Options
chris_moceri
chris_moceri Member

Unlike Mint, Simplifi doesnt put enough detail in transactions for various banks such as Sound CU and other credit cards. They used to show detailed Payee/Sender info, POS details, etc. It makes it VERY difficult to link recurring payments, categorizing, etc.

This desperately needs fixing, especially since Mint was able to do all of this and it was a [removed - accuracy]/Intuit product.

Tagged:

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mint was not a Quicken product

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@chris_moceri

I saw your comment merged with a feature request for full payee names. I am glad Mint did not truncate payees for you, it sometimes truncated payees for me. The original statement field is dependent on what the bank provides.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited March 20
    Options

Hello @chris_moceri,

Thanks for posting to the community! It looks like you created an idea post and we merged it with the existing idea post for this. You and others can follow the post here for updates.

Additionally, we were wondering if you could provide a few examples of what the Payee looks like compared to the "Appears on your statement as…" information so we can make sure you're not seeing an issue we've had pop up with Payees recently. Please let us know when you can.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If Mint saw a certain character it truncated everything after that character.

• chris_moceri
    chris_moceri Member
    Options

Sure, an example is this:

Withdrawl Check Card means nothing.

Where as the bank shows this:

Theres no reason this should be truncated in simplifi, the transaction loses context and becomes meaningless without it.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@chris_moceri, thanks for providing an example!

This actually sounds like an issue we've seen with credit unions, and we will most likely need to escalate it for you. To verify, though, please provide some additional details:

1. The type of account the issue is occurring with.
    2. Are only certain types of transactions downloading this way (i.e. only transactions where a debit card or bill pay was used)?
    3. Is the issue unique to a specific bank/account (i.e. do you have other banks in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem/do you have other accounts with this bank in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem)?

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• chris_moceri
    chris_moceri Member
    Options

Type of account is a checking account. You're right, it does seem to be exclusive to debit card/checking withdrawals to that one account. I have transferred here from Mint and it didnt ever have this issue, I could always at least drill into the transaction and get the complete payee description.

No other credit card accounts I have in simplifi seem to share the issue of no info at all, but payee info should not be as truncated as it is, for example on my Alaska Airline card I will see this:

But then have to drill down to see the info in its entirety:

Could we just see the highlighted info as the Payee column in the transaction list?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@chris_moceri, thanks for confirming!

For the lack of detail in the Payee field (I'm referring to the latter part of your reply), you'd want to visit the Idea post that was provided above to share your feedback there and vote for the ability to see full Payee descriptions:

For the credit union issue, however, we can definitely escalate this as a bug. To do so, please provide the following data:

1. The name of the account the transactions reside in, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the Transaction Detail window for a few example transactions the issue is occurring with (taking these from the Web App will be much easier and will show all of the data in just one screenshot per transaction, as we will need to see the Date, Payee, and Amount, as well as the "Appears on your statement as…" info).
    3. A screenshot of these same example transactions as displayed on the bank's website.

-Coach Natalie

• chris_moceri
    chris_moceri Member
    Options

The name of

How do I send this information securely and not publicly?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

To send info securely, send a direct message to the coaches using the envelope icon.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@chris_moceri, thank you!

I went ahead and got the issue with your Sound Credit Union transactions escalated and will post back with updates as they become available. One thing I forgot, though — can you also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option and let me know once done so I can attach them to the ticket, please?

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-9761

• chris_moceri
    chris_moceri Member
    Options

This is done, thank you!

report created - reference id 428598119069939969

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@chris_moceri, thank you!

Sadly, I don't have the best news for you. I already received an update on the ticket and it sounds like there's nothing further we can do from our end for this particular bank, as the bank is providing the data this way. However, we do have another ticket in place that will hopefully resolve this for you, so definitely keep an eye out for changes down the road.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

-Coach Natalie

• chris_moceri
    chris_moceri Member
    Options

This is a little odd, the data was provided I believe the same way for Mint and Monarch Money? Monarch Money uses Plaid to get the data with the details in the transaction.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@chris_moceri, unfortunately, I don't have any further insight to provide. At this point, you might consider contacting your bank to help make them aware of the issue, and let them know that Quicken Simplifi uses Intuit for your online banking aggregation.

Sorry for not being able to help further!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.