I am new to Simplifi and want to create a budget. Are there ways to make this work?

Options
etboat2b
etboat2b Member
edited April 19 in Getting Started

I am a financial planner and chaplain who is new to Simplifi and want to assist clients in how to use it properly. Most are struggling with spending habits they want to change.

Best Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20 Answer ✓
    Options

What I like about Q-Simplifi is that this app will show you how much you are spending and what you are spending ot on in a clear and easily understandable format using historical data downloaded from banks and credit card accounts.

The Spending Plan is a perfect tool to help you organize your spending into fixed and flexible and then to assess and distinguish between non-discretionary and discretionary spending all of which leads to a clear picture of what choices need to be made to create healthy financial stewardship practices.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Welcome!

I personally find Q-Simplifi to be exceptionally well-suited to these goals.

I would personally start with using the Bills and Subscriptions area of the Spending Plan. This is where you can enter static bills that occur on a regular basis, such as your mortgage payment. From there you can delve into Planned Spending, where you can track expenses that you can count on happening, but not necessarily when or how much. Groceries is a good example of this - that is, I want to limit my grocery spending to less than $400 a month, but I don't know when in the month I will spend money on groceries or how much I will spend.

Q-Simplifi makes it easy to see at a glance on the dashboard how much has been spent on a particular item and whether you're going over your budget for that item.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

This discussion has been closed.