We need the ability to show discount amounts in split transactions (edited)

Options
RLF01
RLF01 Member

We need the ability to show discount amounts in split transactions.

Best Answer

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @RLF01,

To create a split transaction that also documents a discount, you would put the discount in as a positive number (put a + sign in front of it).

The thing that would cause the most trouble would be the free shipping since it won't let you put in a line item for $0. To get around that, you'd probably need to document the free shipping with a tag. Or alternatively, you could document it with a minus and plus transaction (for instance one transaction for the shipping fee and then a positive "discount" transaction for that amount to make the shipping free).

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

Answers

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RLF01,

Thanks for reaching out! Could you provide a little more clarity on what exactly you are asking for here? Splitting a transaction allows you to assign multiple Categories and Tags to a single transaction and Split the amount of the transaction between those Categories. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3348103-managing-transactions-in-quicken-simplifi#split-a-transaction

If you could provide more information on what specifically you want for your discount amounts in these split transactions, that would better help us understand.

Thank You,

Coach Jon

• RLF01
    RLF01 Member
    Options

Hi Coach Jon,

For example I order dog and cat food totaling 3 items. In order to track them separately I split the items pricing them one at a time. Then the seller gives me a discount. :

Items Subtotal: $83.38

Flat-Rate Shipping: Free

@Autoship & Save - 5% off: -$4.17

Sales Tax: $8.55

Order Total: $87.76

How do I make a transaction look like this?

This discussion has been closed.