View Credit Card Payments as Expense Items

Options
paleosteve
paleosteve Member ✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests
Scenario: A person is paying down credit card balances and not using credit cards for transactions (except maybe in rare cases). Can you provide a way to optionally view payments to credit cards as an expense? I need to answer the question: How much am I planning to pay to credit cards this week/month? As well as: How much did I pay to credit cards over each of the last 12 months?

The current categorization as a transfer and hiding from expense reports works for many people, who transact on credit cards, categorize that transaction as an expense, and then pay off the whole balance.
4 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Credit Card Payments can be tracked as Bills and not Transfers

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin
    Options

@paleosteve Excellent suggestion!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @paleosteve,

Thanks for the great suggestion!

I wanted to follow up with you on this request, as the ability to track Credit Card Payments as a Bill and not a Transfer already exists in Simplifi. The way to accomplish this would be to create an Expense Category to use for these transactions, which would allow you to not only track the transactions as an expense, but also create a Recurring Series using this Category that won't automatically be excluded from Spending and Reports.

With that being said, I have gone ahead and marked this Idea as "Completed", but please let me know if you have any questions, or had something else in mind. :blush:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.