I cannot connect Raymond James accounts

Options
db400xml
db400xml Member

I keep getting a multi-factor authentication error when trying to connect NEW accounts at RJ. There is a thread out there about this error when you have already connected the accounts, but I don't see anything about connecting accounts for the first time.

Can you help?

Existing thread: trying to login to Raymond James returns a multi-authentication error

[added link to other thread]

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@db400xml, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, I'm seeing a combination of FDP-103 errors and FDP-187 errors, and both indicate invalid credentials. To clarify, these errors are different than the FDP-3000 error reported in the other thread.

With that, I'd suggest troubleshooting this issue by first following these steps:

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

If the issue persists, please provide some additional data on the MFA part as follows:

1. Is Quicken Simplifi asking you to complete MFA?
    2. Are you receiving the code? If so, are you able to enter it in Quicken Simplifi?
    3. What method are you using to receive the code (text, call, etc.)?
    4. Have you tried any other MFA options if available?

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• db400xml
    Options

Simplifi is able to login to the site and it prompts me with the correct security question that I setup. When I enter the answer, I get the 187 error. I tried updating the answer on the RJ website but that didn't work.

There are no other MFA options presented to me.

• db400xml
    Options

I figured it out. I changed the security question and the answer and that worked.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.