Editing Transaction Errors

Options
TeresaM
TeresaM Member
edited April 25 in Troubleshooting

I somehow made this error: I accidentally made changed the payee on at least 200 transactions. What is best way to fix? It looks like I will have to do it individually. Is that correct? I think I did it while changing a transaction rule. It's a mess!

Best Answer

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@TeresaM

Sorry this happened to you.

• What did all these transactions have in common that caused the change when you made the rule?
      • I'm trying to think of a way to sort out the transactions so that you may be able to bulk edit those that should have different payees but you would need something unique to search for.
    • How many different payees are represented by the different transactions?
      • I'm wondering if you could search for the "mistaken" payee in the Transaction page and then go through the list and select transactions that have a common payee different from mistaken payee. You could select those and to a bulk edit to change the correct payee. This would save some time.
    • Are all the transactions from the same account?
      • If all the transactions are from the same account, I'm wondering if it would be easier to delete the account completely then reconnect and redownload the transactions from your bank for a fresh start (making sure that the "offending rename rule" is deleted or corrected).

Otherwise, you can at least search for the mistaken payee so you have the list of all affected transactions sorted out from all other transactions which would make it easier to do the corrections one-by-one.

BUT… it might be worth calling support to see if Quicken Simplifi support can help you undo this.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.