How to categorize credit card payments?

Options
Alex C
Alex C Member

I am a former Mint user, new to Simplifi. How is it best to categorize credit card payments, in order to have the data "flow" correctly? In Mint it used to be "transfer", but here I see there's an option to categorize it as the credit card account I am paying into.

Best Answer

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Alex C,

Thanks for reaching out! When you categorize a transaction as one of your other accounts, you are indicating that the transaction is a transfer to that account. Here is a great article explaining how transfers work in Quicken Simplifi: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3352152-how-do-transfers-work

In the case of a credit card payment, creating a transfer to your credit card account would usually indicate that the transaction created is a payment towards that account. I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.