Spending Plan not including all monthly bills and subscriptions

Options
jmoe
jmoe Member
edited April 1 in Using the Spending Plan

Hello, it seems the Spending Plan does not include newly added subscriptions and bills. Is there a way to refresh or rebuild the spending plan?

Comments

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea there are several threads about how the Spending Plan does not immediately update based on changes that happen in other areas. I find that in the browser, refreshing the tab tends to fix it. On the app, I just come back later (which isnt a great solution)

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @jmoe,

Thanks for reaching out! Are you using the web application or mobile application? The Spending Plan usually updates immediately after creating a new subscription or bill. Let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• petereilly
    petereilly Member
    Options

Spending plan tracks about 10% of the transactions it should

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It tracks 100% of the transactions (unless marked exclude from spending plan), they may just not be where you expect them. Ask and learn.

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @jmoe

Have you been able to resolve your question?

Have you already created a recurring reminder for the new subscriptions?

It is via these recurring reminders that Q-Simplifi incorporates new recurring expenses into the Spending plan. I have a few new recurring expenses I'll be adding this month but I'm going to wait for the first incident of each expense before I add the new recurring reminder. I could go ahead and create the reminder now just as easily.

The difference between waiting or creating the reminder now is how Simplifi will sort out the expense when the expenses actually occurs. By waiting, the expense will show up in the Spending Plan under Other Spending and then I can create the recurring expense and it will be added to the Spending Plan.

By creating a recurring expense now, the expense will show up in my Spending Plan now under Bills or Subscriptions, depending on how I classify the expenses, as Upcoming, and when the expense occurs it will be marked as Paid. By waiting the funds for these expenses remain in "Available" whereas if I create the reminders now Simplifi will increase the total of my Bills and reduce the amount Available.

By way of illustration I'll go ahead and add a new reminder for one of the new recurring expenses I'm adding this month.

Before new recurring reminder is added:

After new recurring reminder is added:

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.