Planned Spending Expense - Hover Amount Should be Unrounded "Spent" Amount (edited)

Options
Veloz
Veloz Member
edited April 10 in Feature Requests

The Planned Spending expense bar graph used to display the full amount spent, which was handy because the amount displayed below the bar graph is rounded to the nearest dollar.

Unfortunately, it was changed in the last couple of months, and now it shows the exact amount available, which is unnecessary as the full amount available is shown just above the bar graph.

Please change it back! Or at least provide an option to select which value I want displayed. In it's current state, the hover amount provides no useful information.

2 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Our product team is currently reviewing options for this!

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited April 2
    Options

Hello @Veloz,

Thanks for the feedback! If you could attach a screenshot showing your Planned Spending bar graph, we can confirm whether or not you are experiencing a bug. This way, we would know your situation and how to assist going forward, as we will want to confirm your Quicken Simplifi application is working correctly.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Veloz
    Veloz Member
    Options

I'm attaching two screenshots, because the detail page displays the same bug.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm seeing the same info in the pop-up as @Veloz

I don't pay too much attention to this, but having the exact amount spent show in the pop-up sounds like a better use of this pop-up… unless the development team meant for there to be two pop-ups - one for the spent portion of the bar graph showing the exact amount spent-to-date and a second pop-up for the unspent portion of the graph showing exact available. In this case perhaps the Available amount showing at the top of the bar graph would reflect the Spent under the bar graph and be a rounded to a whole dollar amount.

In this case, Available (top left) would be $34 and Spent (under left) would be $16. When I hover over the light green (blue?) portion of the bar the pop-up would show $15.98 and when I hover over the dark green (blue?) the pop-up would show what it does now, $34.02).

Just wondering if this was the intended change that didn't come through as planned?

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Veloz, thanks so much for providing screenshots!

I was able to confirm that this change was made intentionally and is by design, so I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so we can keep it updated, as our product team is reviewing changes for this. I suspect we will see an improvement not too far down the road. 😁

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie