Macy's card not showing balance

Options
mthoman1
mthoman1 Member

My Macy's card is showing a $0 balance on simplifi, but the Macy's app is showing a current balance of $179. The Macy's credit card app is a full on catastrophe, with the transaction history no longer showing at all. I think simplifi is pulling the statement balance instead of the current balance. Table stakes are i need the balance to be accurate so i know when i need to pay the card off. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited April 2
    Options

Hello @mthoman1,

Thanks for reaching out! To help clarify how Quicken Simplif calculates your balance, Quicken Simplifi is designed to count pending transactions toward your balance; this includes manually entered pending transactions with the current or a prior date, as well as downloaded pending transactions. This allows you to get a better idea of how much money you actually have in your bank accounts, as banks typically provide a balance that does not include pending transactions. This information can be found in our article here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies

In your case, I would suggest verifying if you have pending transactions in your account in Quicken Simplifi and the bank website to see if this is what is occuring for you. Let us know how that goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• mthoman1
    mthoman1 Member
    Options

The Macy's card app doesn't have a pending transactions section or even a transaction history section. It only has a balance, which, by the way, is not a pending balance. Like i said, it's a disaster. I think, working around these limitations, at least tracking the outstanding balance in simplifi would be the correct approach so users know they have a bill to pay.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @mthoman1,

Thanks for the reply! Were you able to see if you have pending transactions in the Quicken Simplifi web application itself? If you do, they are probably being counted towards the balance. If you would like to not track pending transactions in Quicken Simplifi for that account, you can follow the instructions here to disable that setting. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies#h_3ef6eff6aa

Let us know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.