Accounting for Rolled Over Planned Spending Cash

Options
DannyB
DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 4 in Feature Requests

Feature:

If it's at all possible, develop a way to "see" how much of a given account's balance is designated for future spending via rollover and where my rollover cash is being held. I'm thinking of something along the lines of the way Savings Goals track funds in Quicken Simplifi.

Rationale:

I find the way the Savings Goals feature in Quicken Simplifi shows me how much I have saved to date and where that cash if held in my various bank accounts. When I contribute to a Savings Goal I have to choose the account I contributing from. Then QS shows that cash as set aside in the accounts list and on the "By account" tap in the Goals module I can see the amount of the current balance in an account is designated, what it is designated for and how much remains undesignated.

This is not the case for the new currently being rolled out Planned Spending rollover feature. I can see in the Planned Spending rollover activated category how much I have available with rollover, but I don't have any way to know which account that cash is held in nor am I able to see in the accounts list just what part of the balance is set aside or designated for specific expenses or expense categories and is not available for spending.

Granted, I can see what I have available to spend in the monthly Spending Plan, but I am no longer able to see that a certain amount of my actual account balance is NOT available to spend in general because those funds have been designated for specific expenses in my Spending Plan.

Danny
Simplifi user since 01/22
Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
5 votes

Active · Last Updated