how to create a transaction that is not linked to an account?

Options

...I am self-employed and I am using simplifi to keep track of my income and expenses for tax purposes.

Sometimes I need to enter transactions involving amounts that are not really connected to a particular account...like entering per diems as an expense, or tracking expenses made in other places. But it makes me choose an account anywayy.

Is there a way to create a transaction that is not linked to an account?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

This software isn't optimized for business purposes (i.e. self-employment). They were working on a business version, but I imagine that will be a separate subscription (probably more $$) and dataset. As far as i know everything needs to be tied to an account, but you can create a manual account to store these types of transactions (doesn't have to be a 'real' account).

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Annie Finch,

If you decide to create manual accounts to track those transactions, as @RobWilk suggested, you may find these links useful:

Add Accounts (including manual accounts)

How to track cash transactions

Managing Tranactions

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.