Add sparklines for accounts and investment holdings

Options
jsy42
jsy42 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 8 in Feature Requests

The sparklines in the account and investment views of a Simplifi competitor provide extremely valuable trend insights (comparatively) at a glance. I would really like to see something similar in Simplifi with better account list presentation and customization.

General example of sparklines (small trend graph at right)

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That is a useful chart, I could see, for example, AAPL was probably your biggest loss, just glancing at it. I don't know how that would work for accounts (not investments). Would it just be like the last 7/30 days of balance history? Also, do you imagine the account lists would get wider to make room for this, or rather there might be a separate screen/option to view these chart(s)?

Rob Wilkens

• jsy42
    jsy42 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's a random example sourced from web search, not my data. But it the competitor product there are separate account and investment list pages with time range options.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would vote on it, i just want some idea where in the existing system this fits. It's "sort of useful" but not essential to me. In general, once a month, typically, my chart would go up, and the rest of the month, the chart would go down, and for me, I'm not sure how much that is valuable for me.

Rob Wilkens

• jsy42
    jsy42 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's quite useful for regular monitoring of investment accounts, especially if distribution across multiple investment account types institutions.