Venmo asks for 2FA multiple times a day

Options
rbw
rbw Member

Seems like Simplifi should tell Venmo to "Remember this device," or similar.

Mint apparently did this; at account.venmo.com/settings/security I see a list of "remembered devices," including one titled "Intuit/Mint Automation" that I/Mint apparently set up in 2019, and never asked me for 2FA codes.

Simplifi has been prompting me, multiple times per day, to get a Venmo text message. I've started just canceling that flow, but it also has led to 9 emails from Venmo in the last week (subject: "Sign-in attempt from new device").

Not a good experience, and seems fixable by Simplifi. I saw this comment and this post claiming this is unavoidable, but I don't think that's accurate.

P.S. I'm trying to attach pics here but it is saying "Permission problem," so here's an album with 4 relevant screenshots. Hopefully it's just because this is my first post to the forum, and will not be an issue going forward.

Tagged:

Comments

• rbw
    rbw Member
    Options

Turns out I hadn't confirmed my email address for my account here; here's a couple of the images I was trying to attach.

account.venmo.com/settings/security showing "Intuit/Mint Automation" "Remembered device":

9 emails from Venmo in the last week titled "Sign-in attempt from new device":

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @rbw,

We do not have control over the security processes your financial institutions use to protect your accounts. However, there is an Idea post asking for the same functionality you're asking for in your post:

I recommend adding your vote and a comment to that Idea post. Ideas that get enough votes may be implemented in the future.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• rbw
    rbw Member
    edited April 8
    Options

Thanks, voted and posted there.

We do not have control over the security processes your financial institutions use

[removed - accuracy], as Mint did for the last ≥5 years.

• IzzyR
    IzzyR Member
    Options

@rbw Mint did not connect with my Venmo account, I believe for the same reason

• rbw
    rbw Member
    Options

Mint synced with my Venmo for years, look at the screenshot I posted above, my Venmo account still has a "Remembered device" titled "Intuit/Mint automation," that I did not create, that presumably enabled this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.