FDP-101 error with TIAA (edited)

Options
Nicmer
Nicmer Member

I am getting the following error code in trying to add my TIAA account. It seems from the boards others have added this before, but are getting different problems. I simply get the following. Is there another trick to adding it?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Nicmer,

Thanks for reaching out! Quicken Simplifi presents this generic messaging when we're unable to connect to a specific bank. Usually, this occurs if the selected bank is throttling connection traffic, the bank's website, or the URL we use to connect is unavailable, or they're completing maintenance on their services. However, you may be able to log into the bank's website successfully and still receive this error in Quicken Simplifi because Quicken Simplifi connects to your bank using a different server.

Most of the time, this error resolves itself after 24-48 hours. However, if you continue to receive this error after 48 hours, please let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've also been having this problem for the past week. Before that it had been connected for over a year. Is there a bigger problem with this connection? I can log in directly to their website without issue.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @meoge,

Thanks for your reply! I would suggest that you try Resetting your Account Connection for this bank using the instructions here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections#h_7f8fc15a86

Let us know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I had already tried that which left me with the account disconnected and a zero balance. I've tried to connect it again a few times. I just tried again now and got the same error. This is the one account with 2-factor that still required me to enter a SMS code every time it did a sync and the prompt for the SMS code stopped about a week ago. I eventually tried the reset which got me into the state I'm in now.

We are unable to connect to TIAA Brokerage at this time.
    Care Code: FDP-101

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @meoge,

Thanks for the information! Could you please let us know the account name associated with the error code you reported? Once you, do we can work on this on our side!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Jen's IUF 403(b)

• Coach Jon
    Options

Thanks @meoge,

Additionally, could you please submit logs to us, as we may need them to help determine the problem? You can submit logs using these instructions:

1.    Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2.    Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3.    With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4.    Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've submitted my logs

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@meoge, thanks for providing the requested information!

I have gotten this issue escalated and will let you know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10985240

• Strategos
    Options

04/15/2024

I have also been experiencing this issue for several weeks:

"We are unable to connect to TIAA at this time. Care Code: FDP-101"

I also tried to disconnect and then reconnect, which did not work, and the accounts remain "disconnected."

I also tried reconnecting in an Incognito tab, which also didn't work.

This issue needs to be resolved ASAP.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Strategos, thanks for posting on this topic!

The FDP-101 error with TIAA has been escalated internally, and we now have an Alert that can be followed for updates:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@meoge, your escalation came back and they'd like you to give it another try. If you still receive the FDP-101 error, please follow the Alert for this issue:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Still getting an error, but it's FDP-102, not the 101 error mentioned in that alert:

We are unable to connect to TIAA Brokerage at this time. Please try again later.
    Care Code: FDP-102

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@meoge, thank you for letting me know!

The 102 error is most likely part of the same issue. Go ahead and follow the Alert and let us know if you're still unable to connect after it's marked as resolved.

-Coach Natalie

• westiecairn
    Options

I, too, have been having this exact problem for days! First the error was FDP-101, but today it is FDP-102. I am getting very frustrated!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@westiecairn, we apologize for the frustration!

Please be sure to follow our Alert for updates on this known issue:

-Coach Natalie

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My TIAA connection started working again yesterday

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.