Incorrect credit card payment amounts?

Options
RLBradbury
RLBradbury Member

Anytime I make two credit card payments on the same day (say $500 from checking and $500 from savings), one of the credit card payment amounts will be incorrect - instead of $500, it will be something like $384.81. The transaction in the account it was transferred from displays the correct amount. Has anyone seen this and is there a fix? Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited April 15
    Options

Hello @RLBradbury,

Thanks for reaching out! Can you confirm whether these transactions were manually entered in Quicken Simplifi or downloaded from your bank? Additionally, can you check the details of both transactions and compare the “Appear on your statement as…” section to see if it was linked correctly?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RLBradbury
    RLBradbury Member
    Options

Hi Coach Jon,

The transactions are all downloaded from my credit union. I checked the transaction details, and they all appear to be linked to the proper account. I did notice that my credit card payment is set as a recurring bill, even though I don't remember setting it up as one, since I typically pay more than once a month, and usually not the same amount each time. Anyway, thanks so much for reaching out, and for any insight you may have. Much appreciated!

Rick

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @RLBradbury,

Thanks for the information! You can find and delete Recurring Transactions if you do not want one set up for the credit card. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3625912-managing-recurring-transactions#managing-all-your-recurring-transactions

Additionally, could you provide a screenshot showing the Transaction Details for better clarification on our end?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RLBradbury
    RLBradbury Member
    Options

Hi Coach Jon,

Here's a screenshot of two different occurrences where the correct amount shows in the checking and savings transactions, but for some reason displays differently on the credit card payment line item. I'm not sure what I'm doing to create this situation. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @RLBradbury,

Thanks for the reply. Could you provide a screenshot showing the Transaction Detail window of these transactions? This would help us determine what specifically is happening here.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RLBradbury
    RLBradbury Member
    Options

Certainly. Here are the checking and savings transactions for March 21, along with the corresponding payments to the Visa account.

• RLBradbury
    RLBradbury Member
    Options

Here are the transactions for April 3rd.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @RLBradbury,

Thank you for the screenshots. I noticed in the Transaction Detail window that the incorrect transaction always seems to be matched from "Appears on your Visa Gold Credit Card statement as From Share 71". If you pull up that statement, does it show a different amount than what is in Quicken Simplifi?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RLBradbury
    RLBradbury Member
    Options

Hi,

I reviewed my credit union statement for my checking account (Share 71) as well as the Visa payments and compared them to the corresponding transactions displayed in Quicken Simplifi. It appears that everything is correct except the Visa payment amount displayed in Simplifi. Here are the transactions:

I know that the correct payments are being made to my Visa, but I am curious as to why this discrepancy occurs. I really appreciate the time you've spent on this.

Rick

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @RLBradbury,

Thanks for the information. To further help us understand this situation, could you please submit logs to us?

2.    Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3.    With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4.    Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RLBradbury
    RLBradbury Member
    Options

Hi,

My credit union statement shows the following:

April 3 - From Share 71: $500.00

March 21 - From Share 71: $1000.00

These match the corresponding transactions from account Share 71 in Simplfi for those dates. It seems like Simplifi is pulling in the correct amount in the Share account. The only place it doesn't match is in the corresponding Visa payments in Simplifi. It's not a huge problem, as I know the correct payments have in fact occurred; I'd just like to know if I have something set up incorrectly on my end that's causing the issue.

Thanks so much,

Rick

• Coach Jon
    edited April 29
    Options

Hello @RLBradbury,

Thanks for the response. If you can send the requested logs I mentioned, we can verify there if the data is coming in correctly.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RLBradbury
    RLBradbury Member
    Options

Hi Coach Jon,

My apologies. That post from April 27 was one I tried sending on the 26th, but it didn't post right away. It was actually a response to an earlier question. I did send the logs as requested this past weekend.

Thanks,

Rick

• Coach Jon
    edited May 2
    Options

Hello @RLBradbury,

Thanks for your reply. I would suggest that you establish a completely fresh connection with the bank that has the incorrect transactions downloading. You can make the accounts manual and then use the Add Account flow to get a completely fresh connection. If the connection is successful, you'll then want to link the accounts to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts. Let us know how that goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RLBradbury
    RLBradbury Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Jon,

I'll give that a try. Thanks again for your help in fixing this!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.