edited April 10 in Troubleshooting

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Kohl's credit card link.

Tagged:

Comments

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've converted my Kohls account to a manual account (hopefully just temporarily) and added all the missing transactions manually, but the balance shown in Simplifi is incorrect and does not match the account balance shown when I log into my Kohls credit card account. It doesn't even match the total of all transactions from all time, probably since when I started using Simplifi my Kohls card didn't have a zero balance.

How can I manually update the balance of the (now) manual account?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@EL1234, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

What you're most likely experiencing is due to making a connected account manual — since connected accounts are designed to stay in line with the balance provided by the bank, they typically don't start with an 'opening balance' transaction. However, since manual account balances are determined by the sum of the transactions in the account, not having an 'opening balance' transaction can cause a discrepancy.

I'd suggest expanding all months in the account register so all transactions are visible, and then selecting the checkbox to the left of the column header 'Account' to select all of the transactions. Once done, you'll see a "selected" total at the top — does this total match the account balance? If so, I'd suggest entering a manual balance adjustment and using the 'Balance Adjustment' Category so it doesn't count as income or spending.

Let us know how this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie thanks for responding! I changed the filter to All Time and expanded all the months and years and the balance shown doesn't match the account balance. What's interesting is that the balance displayed is not the same as what it was yesterday (but it's still incorrect). I'll try the manual balance adjustment transaction idea.

Actually, I do see a transaction from when I first started using Simplifi called "Opening Balance", should I just adjust that one? Or add another?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@EL1234, if you're confident that all of your transactions are accounted for, you can certainly edit the opening balance transaction to correct the discrepancy. Otherwise, I'd suggest comparing to your bank's website or bank statements to make sure nothing is missing. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looks like that worked, thanks @Coach Natalie !

I suppose if the Kohls connection ever gets fixed I'll probably have to modify that transaction again, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.