Changing category of pending transaction creates duplicates?

Options
Aranel
Aranel Member

What I think is happening is that after I change the category of a pending transaction, the next day, when pending transactions are imported from my bank, the ones that were already imported aren't recognized, so they get imported again.

So, for example, it might be: April 10 Amazon $12.34 Shopping
I change the category to, say, Groceries.
The next day, I see a new pending transaction: April 11 Amazon $12.34 Shopping

So now I have two pending transactions:
April 11 Amazon $12.34 Shopping
April 10 Amazon $12.34 Groceries
But my bank account on the bank website only lists one. (It appears to be the case that the duplicate—in this case the April 10 one—never clears, either. It just stays pending forever.)

I think I can avoid this by just not changing the categories of pending transactions, but it's really getting in the way of my tracking to do this, because I have to wait for several days sometimes, and therefore I don't have an up-to-date record of how much I've actually spent, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Comments

• Aranel
    Aranel Member
    Options

Update: Today the pending transactions cleared, and the duplicates disappeared. So maybe it's a temporary bug that can safely be ignored?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.