Notification says expected bill is way over

Options
commatelier
commatelier Member
edited April 12 in Bills and Income

My average bill, according to Simplifi, is $55, and this bill has been paid more or less at the same time for more than a year, and my set expected (set to summer months when the AC is on) is $70.

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

How much does the reminder show for the bill for this month? The reminder is usually based on the series, and it is what the notification compares the actual versus expected to.

Example

Income I expected $1,000 for the month - Reminder for April said $1,000 expected, below is the series

Received $550 - transaction posted in checking account

Notification - Text is correct as I got $450 less than what the reminder/series said

What does your series have in settings? The series amount is not the average bill but an amount set in the bill series.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• commatelier
    commatelier Member
    Options

Since it's already linked, I don't know if it inexplicably had something different, but the expected in the recurring is $70 as I said.

• commatelier
    commatelier Member
    edited April 12
    Options

On further investigation, I also found this. Not the same error, but the notification is reporting that I'm paying more when it's the exact amount less than expected.

• shandranancy
    edited April 12
    Options

yea for some unknow reason there seems to be a glitch. every month my iCloud subscription initially charges as $1.99 while pending but posts as 99¢ and it always says something along the lines of this was less than expected even though it's obviously more when I get the alert.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@commatelier & @shandranancy , then "less than" when it should be "more than" and vice versa has already been reported here:

You'll want to follow that thread for updates on that particular issue.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.