Could you please help me connect to Coinbase?

Options
Vijay V
Vijay V Member

I am unable to find out the right steps to create an API key and password in Coinbase. Could anyone please help me with the instructions?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited April 16
    Options

@Vijay V, thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

According to the steps we have on our end, this is how you generate an API Key and Secret from Coinbase:

1. Go to Coinbase.com
    2. Sign into your account
    3. Click on the profile button in the top right hand corner
    4. Go to "My Preferences"
    5. Look for the tab for "API"
    6. Once generated, write down the API Secret on a piece of paper
    7. Wait 48 hours before connecting in Quicken Simplifi

Let us know how this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• strngr12
    strngr12 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie This no longer works. Coinbase has discontinued their old app keys and now the steps are:

1. Go to Coinbase.com
    2. Sign into your account
    3. Click on the profile button in the top right hand corner
    4. Go to "My Preferences"
    5. Look for the tab for "API"
    6. Click on "Create & Manage API Keys with Coinbase Developer Platform"
    7. You are directed to a brand new (like, in the last week brand new…) developer portal. Screenshot attached.
    8. Click on API keys.
    9. Generate a new type of oAuth compatible API key/secret.

The old API keys still work - for now - but they will be sunsetted soon and will stop working. In the mean time, none of your new customers will be able to add Coinbase to their portfolios because you can no longer generate the old kind of API keys. This is because of serious security concerns with the older app_key/secret pairs that most platforms (including the one I work for) stopped using years ago.

• AndrewH
    AndrewH Member
    Options

Realistically when is this getting fixed? I've been patient since signing up, but feel like asking for a refund? Why do you still not support coinbase. Your instructions don't, and have never worked.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@AndrewH, thanks for posting on this topic!

We have another thread regarding Coinbase that I'd suggest checking out and trying the steps that have been posted there:

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.