OTP for MFA not automatically showing in IOS keypad

Options
VPak
VPak Member
edited April 16 in Report a Bug

I have one bank account that requires a continual MFA OTP prompt. Prior to IOS version 5.3.0, upon selecting to receive a SMS with a OTP and subsequently trying to enter OTP, IOS keypad would automatically show a prefilled option.

Now in 5.3.0 & 5.3.1, no prefilled option is shown and you know have to either remember the OTP or go to the received message and copy the OTP for manual entry.

Restarting app and power cycling phone does not correct issue. OTP detection works fine for other apps. In fact, the bank OTP autofilled for the value entry field when I manually created a transaction.

Please fix the previous working functionality. Going to the SMS to copy the OTP and pasting it in for this frequently recurring account is tedious.

I can provide screenshots, if needed, next time I am prompted for the OTP.

Comments

• VPak
    VPak Member
    edited April 16
    Options

Here is a screen shot of the keypad and it not automatically providing a OTP entry. Previously it would be detected and shown in the middle quick text selection.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @VPak,

Thanks for reaching out! We were unable to recreate this bug on our side. The MFA code was successfully detected and auto-filled on our side just fine. I would suggest verifying if a setting was changed regarding auto-fill in your keyboard/device settings. Let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• VPak
    VPak Member
    Options

I confirmed the autofill settings are correct and as I mentioned the autofill works for other apps.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @VPak,

Thanks for the response. Could you please let us know what IOS version, and iPhone model you have? Additionally, could you please supply logs to us, as this would help us understand what specifically is going on. You can submit logs with these steps:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• VPak
    VPak Member
    Options

I am running IOS 17.4.1 on a iPhone 15 Pro Max.

Logs sent as requested from Web site.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @VPak,

Thanks for your patience! We went ahead and got this escalated. We will post back with updates when we have them.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

SIMPL-20689

• Mike2023
    Options

Seeing the same issue, also have 17.4.1 (on iPhone XS). Seems like it started after last Apple update. Autofill from SMS works in other apps.

Things I tried:

• I deleted and re-installed Simplifi app, it did not fix it.
    • Also disabled/re-enabled autofill settings under "Settings > Passwords > Password Options" section and for "Safari" auto fill.
    • Powered cycled phone.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Mike2023,

Thanks for reaching out. We are still working on this issue, and it has already been reported. If you would like to be added to the ticket, we would need you to send logs as well:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Coach Jon
    edited April 29
    Options

Hey everyone,

A fix for this issue is expected with the 5.4.1 Quicken Simplifi Mobile Release.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• VPak
    VPak Member
    Options

Downloaded latest app on today and the OTP is working again. Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.