Accounts not refreshing on Finicity (edited)

Options

Comments

• Scott G
    Scott G Member
    Options

Facing the same problem. Transactions have not posted since April 12th. All troubleshooting steps have not worked.

• JackR
    JackR Member
    edited April 27
    Options

I was instructed by support to delete and reconnect my bank accounts due to no updating of data since 4/15. I'm able to connect to my Chase Credit Card Accounts successfully, but they are showing '0' balances and no transactions are downloading. When I go to the account page, it says that the account needs attention, but when I click 'Try Again', I get the same issue. No error message, just a status of 'needs attention' and no data. Help please.

• JackR
    JackR Member
    Options

The above is now true for Bank of America checking and savings accounts. Same behavior.

• A Deutscher
    A Deutscher Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie It's the end of the month, and I, like many others, would like to be able to reconcile my budget. What is the status of this? Do you have an ETA? What do we need to do to further escalate this issue?

• dog whisperer
    dog whisperer Member
    Options

following up. did suggested steps as well and not working. would like some clarity on whats being done.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello everyone,

For any new users reporting this issue with Finicity, please see my comment here for troubleshooting steps:

And my comment here for what info to provide for an escalation if the troubleshooting steps don't resolve the issue:

For any users who have already reported the issue via any support channel, or if you'd prefer to wait for a global resolution rather than troubleshoot/escalate, please follow our Alert for updates on this known issue:

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• nckmcmlln
    Options

Having the same problem as everyone else. Went through the suggested steps with every single bank (took me over an hour) and did nothing to fix the issue. Do not have time to take 100 screenshots of every bank account I have - why is there not simply an option to be switched over to Intuit

• Crit96
    Crit96 Member
    Options

After nearly three weeks of literally no technical support on this issue, I finally got a resolution. I switched providers. The entire process of switching to a new provider turned out to be much easier than I anticipated. Ironically, my new provider uses Finicity as the aggregator for a few of my accounts and it works just fine. That definitely verifies where the problem lies - Simplifi.

• mtrow28
    mtrow28 Member
    Options

I'm about to go this route. I've spent months setting everything up in Simplifi, including 12 years of Mint history, and right as I got everything where I wanted it, this happened. It's completely unacceptable, and very poor service for a company that advertised as a Mint alternative. Really feels like a bait and switch, only saving grace is that I was able to get into a year-long trial, so I haven't paid them anything, but I recommended Simplifi to my sister, who paid $40 for the service, and it now doesn't work for her. Just awful.

• 5thompson
    5thompson Member
    Options

It seems to me that Simplifi's attempted proof of concept of using Finicity as an alternate or back-up aggregation engine is an abysmal failure; not because the aggregation engine went down (stuff happens), but more because of the inadequate communication regarding a potential resolution (let alone an actual remedy). I understand if Simplifi were unable to connect to or download information from a specific financial institution. Most of us realize that these connectivity issues must be jointly resolved by both Simplifi and the impacted financial institution and that Simplifi can only control its part of the puzzle. But this issue reveals a fundamental flaw in the aggregation script. The connection nodes to all the supported institutions are, in fact working, but the Simplifi software isn't pulling the information into its application correctly. Therefore, since the solution does not appear to rely on the cooperation of a specific financial institution, I'm quite disappointed at the inability of whichever corporate or private equity entity currently owns this product (it's hard to keep up…is it Aquiline/HIG/Quicken/Intuit?) to provide any useful user information. Forget about the fact that despite having every impacted subscriber's email address, not a single communication has been pushed out to affected users. Instead, they strategically rely on the lowest-cost approach of having subscribers log into this "community" site to search for and pull relevant information. It seems that the idiosyncratic nature of aggregation services (i.e., trying to stay on top of thousands of unique connections to financial institutions with their uniquely inherent security protocols) coupled with clearly understaffed customer support, technical support, and engineering teams warrants a re-consideration of Simplifi as a viable and reliable personal financial management product. I'm not bashing Coach Natalie (or the other admins), but they can only work with the information they are provided. Tomorrow is a month-end date and I imagine that many more users who don't regularly log on to Simplifi either daily or weekly will soon discover that their aggregation information hasn't been updated since the last month-end. It's likely that they probably haven't received an email alerting them to a potential problem or even to the fact that they were randomly assigned to the Finicity aggregation platform. Inevitably, they will waste their time explaining their problem to a support person who will either inform them that it is a known issue or follow the standard support script and recommend that they manually reconnect their accounts, take countless screen shots of impacted accounts, and upload them to a document portal so the engineers can be properly convinced of the breadth and depth of the issue as they try to prioritize the hundreds (thousands?) of outstanding support tickets in their queues. I can only hope that their frustrations, coupled with the frustrated comments of those who have already chimed in on this forum will make their way back to corporate ears and not just the seemingly black hole of technical/engineering support.

• 6m68p8qu
    Options

very disappointed. this should have been a sev-1 since day 1. not sure why the tier-1 is still asking for more info in order to escalate. either the engineering doesn't understand how to operate a product or they just let the wrong ppl go recently. starting my second migration in last 4 months. SMH.

• 5thompson
    5thompson Member
    Options

Unfortunately, I think the admins are deleting Crit96's response where they answer the question of the switched provider. If you google "mint replacement providers" the one Crit96 used will likely show up as one of the sponsored results.

• Crit96
    Crit96 Member
    Options

Sorry that my response to your question is not showing up. Apparently Simplifi doesn't like that I post the name of a competitor and my response gets deleted.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you ever go to McDonald's (I just did), and post a sign on the wall saying "Eat at Burget King" and expect them to leave that sign up? Chances are they will take it down. This space is owned by Quicken, INc., and probably should not be used to promote another company. Also a promotional offer was posted (like an ad) without details like how long the deal was good for, etc. (i.e. 5 years from now if that's still posted here, is it a valid offer?).

Rob Wilkens

• FG1990
    FG1990 Member
    Options

I've been experiencing this issue since April 16, and it's frustrating that this has still not been resolved, and that they've been publicly treating this as if it is resolved.

While I have provided the requested screenshots to a support agent, I am convinced that this is busy work just to put some burden on the customer. Reading through these comments, it seems that the issue is that NO data is getting synced. Sharing the type of data they are requesting is useful in scenarios where some data is getting synced, and you're trying to understand a pattern between the missing data. This does not seem to be the case here.

It's absolutely unacceptable that we're experiencing a three week outage for a paid product.

• dog whisperer
    dog whisperer Member
    Options

coaches can we get a refund even though its past 30 days since simplifi has not actually had a working product for the month of april and this is a budgeting app that is supposed to provide monthly budgeting w/ bank syncing as the core product? its like having netflix but not being able to stream for the past 3 weeks and having not eta on it.

I'm ready to toss the towel with the poor communication and lack of transparency on when this will be resolved especially as i worked in fintech IT and aggregator outtages were handles promptly. really any customer interfacing function was resolved expediently.

• r2d2rice
    r2d2rice Member
    Options

Is there any way to get our money back?

• serelle21
    serelle21 Member
    Options

Jumping in to say I have the same problem as everyone else. NONE of my accounts (Chase, Capital One, BofA, etc. ) have updated with transactions since April 11th or 12th. I have followed all the troubleshooting steps you have outlined, nothing works. I sent my log into Simplifi. I contacted the helpdesk multiple times. It is now the end of the month and I am finding bills unpaid because I couldn't see all my transactions in one place, and now I don't know if my mortgage will clear tomorrow.

This is absolutely ridiculous, and never happened with Mint. If this is not resolved immediately I will be leaving Simplifi.

• BitShift
    BitShift Member
    Options

Like all others, I have 5 accounts (basically all accounts) not updating since mid April. This happens on multiple browsers, on my app and on my ipad.

I've tried all the suggested steps with no resolution:

• Re-synced accounts
    • Made accounts manual and manually re-linked them after re-adding them
    • Tried a different browser, tried the phone app
    • Tried a different internet connection

Perhaps this is all related to the Finicity lawsuit that started in February. They sold customer data.

Here is a screenshot of my accounts not syncing. One of them is oddly showing an old balance instead of $0.00. I tried making it manual and reconnecting it twice.

Here's a screenshot showing transactions from all 5 of those accounts above, all still stuck in April

What else is needed to escalate this issue? How can we move our accounts to use OAuth?

• JackR
    JackR Member
    edited May 1
    Options

I have had the same problem for over 2weeks, I have taken the same steps with no results, and there hasn't been an update to the status of this problem/resolution in almost a week…is Simplifi going out of business? Is no one there capable of fixing this? [removed - no soliciting] How do I get a refund?

• JackR
    JackR Member
    Options

I don't understand why the 'coaches' have not posted an update since 4/23 and still no ETA. This is a seriously broken orgnanization.

• JackR
    JackR Member
    Options

If McDonalds stopped serving food, they might, as an act of good will, tell you where the nearest burger joint was or at least not take down a sign that another custoer posted on the window. Simplifi has stopped serving burgers. ETA unknown.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've been told the coaches have decided to leave specific comments (such as 5thompson's April 30 comment) up, perhaps as an act of Goodwill. I've also been told they are "watching this topic closely," so they are clearly aware of the concerns. I think if they have no new news, they don't want to comment about what they don't know -or- don't want to share. I think they want to wait for a resolution (or soon coming resolution) before they comment more.

If I were affected by this, and I'm not, I would, at minimum, expect to be credited for free month(s). That's not because one particular connection happens to be down, but this systemically seems to be affecting a large number of users.

Rob Wilkens

• JackR
    JackR Member
    edited May 1
    Options

Imagine my surprise when I logged on to Simplifi this morning and found that it was….wait for it…still not working after over two weeks of silence from Intuit about this product and its core functionality. I'm sure they have sunset this product and not told us. I don't blame the coaches…they can't lie…and they can't tell us the truth, so they say 'we're working on it' and 'no ETA'.

[removed - no soliciting]

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello everyone, thank you all for your patience as we've been working hard on this issue! Our engineering team has identified the root cause, and they are now hard at work on a fix. They didn't provide an ETA, but it is very much in the works and I'm wholeheartedly hoping we see it rolled out by week's-end.

We understand everyone's frustration and thoroughly apologize for the experience. For those of you who asked about a refund, please see our article here for more details on our refund process: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412542-how-do-i-cancel-and-request-a-refund-for-my-quicken-simplifi-subscription#to-get-a-refund-for-simplifi

If you are outside of the 30-day refund period or have any further requests regarding a refund, you'll want to contact Chat or Phone Support directly.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

I will keep everyone updated with any new info I learn as we work on the fix!

-Coach Natalie

• 5thompson
    5thompson Member
    Options

Thank you for the update Natalie. I'm glad to know that they are making progress. I think that's really all we wanted to hear all along (as opposed to long periods without any communication or updates). I too am hopeful they can resolve this sooner rather than later and I encourage you to encourage them to provide any ongoing information (even small tidbits) as it supports a positive customer experience. People just want their concerns to be heard and taken seriously. P.S. a little personal attention (as opposed to standard, canned responses) also goes a long way to building credibility and patience.

• BitShift
    BitShift Member
    edited May 1
    Options

My accounts all just synced today! (I manually clicked the sync button)

I don't want to jinx it but Natalie, please extend my thanks to the development team if they have resolved the issue.

• 5thompson
    5thompson Member
    Options

Issue resolved for me too.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.