Account balance calculation

Options
bmacd615
bmacd615 Member
edited April 16 in Troubleshooting

How does simplifi calculate account balances? I did a CSV import from mint. I now have a hard to decipher list of accounts but most seem to show negative values, giving me a almost $200,000 in debt. How do I fix that? All the files are manual accounts now. I haven't tried to connect to the online banks because it is so hard to figure out which listed accounts go with which financial institution. It's a mess.😕

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @bmacd615,

Thanks for reaching out! Quicken Simplifi will usually receive the balance directly from the bank itself when connected. If your accounts are manual, and you are having a hard time figuring out which instance in Quicken Simplifi to connect to, we would be glad to offer assistance. What banks were you specifically looking to connect to in Quicken Simplifi?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.