T Rowe Price - Difference in values between Dashboard and Investment detail

Options
lwyman
lwyman Member
edited April 23 in Investments

This is a new one for me. Normally there are small differences between the dashboard and investment detail, but for one of my investments - TRowe - the difference is huge, like 10% of the value. The amount listed on the Dashboard is correct (or roughly the amount of the account on the TRowe website), but the one in investments is way off.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @lwyman,

Thanks for reaching out! The balance displayed for your connected Investment Accounts in the Accounts List is provided by your Financial Institution(s). In contrast, the balance displayed in the Investments tab is based on the market value of your holdings with the latest pricing information.

This information may differ depending on when the connected accounts were last refreshed, as well as when your financial institution(s) received their updated share prices.

We do have an existing idea post as well that you may vote for and follow for updates here if it aligns with what you want in Quicken Simplifi:

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• lwyman
    lwyman Member
    Options

Coach Jon,

I understand the differences. But the value showing up on the Investments tab is not the result of today's market fluctuation, since it doesn't agree with my TRowe web account. It is off by $50,000 from what appears on the TRowe website. I'd like to think that my investment did really well today, but it's just an error. The account also shows 0 shares, so that is also something that is different from past reporting on the investments page. I assume that the investments tab should reflect the current market value of the investment, but it does not. Is there a help desk rather than the community board where these situations can be remedied? Since I'm not sure you really understood what I was asking and just provided a canned response that I've seen on several occasions on the board.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @lwyman,

Thanks for the response. I believe I fully understand the inquiry, but I apologize if my explanation seems generic. You may need to check your holdings to see what is causing the Market Value in your Portfolio to be wrong since these are how Quicken Simplifi gets that value.

If you would prefer to contact our support team directly via chat or phone, you may do so here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• lwyman
    lwyman Member
    Options

Since the account was broken, I deleted it and re-synched the account with TRowe. After successfully linking the account, the valuation on the dashboard is correct, but when I go to investments, the market value listed is 0 and there are no holdings listed under the account. I understand that the dashboard and investments won't necessarily match, but it just can't be zero.

This all was working perfectly for months, and nothing was changed on my end. So why did my holdings suddenly drop out of the display in investments and therefore no longer report a market value.

Just when you think things have settled down with your accounts in Simplifi, something else crops up to make it difficult to track your finances. I tried contacting the support team through chat, but ended up with a another coach on the Community Board. He simply said that after adding the account, I had to wait for 24 hours before the holdings would show up. Clearly they haven't.

• Coach Jon
    edited April 25
    Options

Hello @lwyman,

Thanks for your response. Market value and holdings should be downloaded and accurate immediately upon adding an investment account. Based on what we can see on our end, I am not sure you contacted our support team, as I am not seeing a recent ticket. You can contact our support team directly via chat or phone, by referencing this article here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

As for the situation at hand, if you could please let us know the information below, we can work on this for you:

1. The name of the account, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The balance for the account in the Accounts List in Quicken Simplifi (this is the list of all accounts and balances on the left side of the Dashboard on the Quicken Simplifi Web App, or the list of all of your accounts when you select "Accounts" from the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App).
    3. The balance for the account in the Investments Portfolio in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    4. The balance for the account as displayed on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the holdings for the account in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    6. A screenshot of the holdings on the bank's website for a comparison.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.