US Bank not updating with Finicity (edited)

Options
Westwise
Westwise Member

I'm noticing an issue where multiple different accounts, with different partner institutions, are simply not updating to pull transactions or balance.

I have accounts with both US Bank and with American Express, both of which are successfully connected and have synced data in the past… but now, Simplifi simply doesn't load any recent transactions (last transactions were end of March as shown on Simplifi, despite seeing daily activity on both partner sites since then).

The refresh button simply doesn't appear to change anything.

Is there any way to force a refresh of these accounts? Disconnecting and then reconnecting on the Accounts page (and re-logging in with my partner credentials) has not fixed the issue.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Westwise, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

It looks like you are on our Finicity aggregator, and are most likely being impacted by this known issue:

With that, we need you to follow the steps in the Alert as follows:

1. Make all of the affected accounts manual by following the steps here. Once done, you will see the accounts listed in the 'Manual Accounts' section under Settings > Accounts.
    2. Since the banks you mentioned are both OAuth API banks, you'll next need to navigate to the bank's websites and remove Quicken's access from the bank's third-party apps. 
    3. In Quicken Simplifi, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to each of the banks.
    4. Carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.

Let us know how this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• Westwise
    Westwise Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie, doesn't seem like it fixed things.

I was able to remove and re-add the two accounts, and they don't report any issues on the Accounts page ( https://app.simplifimoney.com/settings/accounts ), but there are no transactions or history showing up on the Dashboard. All those accounts now list a $0 balance (which is not correct).

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Westwise, thanks for giving those steps a try and posting back!

To clarify, did you make the accounts manual and then re-link them, or did you completely delete and re-add them? Did you have transactional data in the accounts prior to performing this action? If so, that data should still be there even after disconnecting and reconnecting, so I'm wondering if you actually deleted and re-added the accounts instead.

Also, can you follow the steps again and provide screenshots along the way, please? We need to see a screenshot of the following:

1. The bank's Linked Apps page showing that Quicken is not granted access.
    2. When going through the OAuth flow with the bank, grab a screenshot of each page with private info redacted.
    3. A screenshot of any issues that occur throughout.
    4. Once done, a screenshot of the accounts/financial institutions under Settings > Accounts showing that they are connected with no errors.
    5. A screenshot of the account registers in Quicken Simpifi showing the $0 balance and empty registers.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• Westwise
    Westwise Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie,

I've tried both options - making manual and then re-adding (which did not fix things), so I went further and completely deleted and re-added the account. Full deletion appears to have cleared all transaction history and old balance, but it doesn't pull any new data, so all the accounts now say $0 balance because they aren't importing anything.

This is affecting everything, but here's a set of screenshots for US Bank, as an example:

Deleting the US Bank account from Simplifi:

Stopping the sharing on the US Bank site:

Removed:

Adding US Bank accounts:

Accounts show up as successfully added…

…but in the Dashboard, they show up with no balance and no imported history at all.

…and no history.

Interestingly, Simplifi does see the balance initially, because it shows the balances on the page where I choose what names should be given to the accounts. But then nothing actually seems to get saved or imported, since the dashboard shows zero balance.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Westwise, thanks so much for the very thorough outline!

Let's get you added to the ticket for this issue. To do so, I need a bit more data from you:

1. The balance for each of your US Bank accounts, as displayed on the bank's website (please specify which balance belongs to which account).
    2. A few example transactions from each of the accounts that are missing in Quicken Simplifi with the Date, Payee, and Amount (please specify which transactions belong to which account).

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• Westwise
    Westwise Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie, I've submitted the logs via the 'Send Feedback' option. The report is reference id 429748841342292487.

However, the description box only allowed 255 characters. I'm not going to list my account balances and transactions on this public forum; is there another way to send that information to be appended to the ticket?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Westwise, yes, you can send the private details via a DM to me here in the Community (you wouldn't want to provide this info in the Send Feedback report).

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Westwise, thanks so much!

I got you added to the ticket as an additional example. Please go ahead and follow along with our Alert here for updates:

-Coach Natalie

• Westwise
    Westwise Member
    Options

Note @Coach Natalie, this fix still doesn't seem to be working. Changed US Bank account to manual, removed sharing from the bank site, and then re-connected in Simplifi. Everything went smoothly and there's no error shown on the Accounts page, but it still shows a zero balance and is not retrieving any transactions, or current balance, on refresh on the Dashboard.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Westwise, the steps you followed weren't a fix per se; they were troubleshooting steps, and since they didn't resolve the issue, I got your case escalated. You'll want to follow our Alert for updates as we work on this known issue with Finicity:

Sorry for the confusion, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Westwise
    Westwise Member
    Options

Update: with the fix posted in the linked thread, this account is now updating smoothly as of 5/03/24!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.