searching transactions

Options
gskluzacek
gskluzacek Member
edited April 24 in Troubleshooting

Hi, I've read through the Search Tips article at:

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6354977-transaction-search-tips

But I was wondering if there is a way to search for things not equal to a value

for example if I want to find all transactions where the category is not equal to Interest Earned in my savings account.

Word of caution here, I'm a database developer well versed in SQL… so if I'm being honest, I'd like ways to do the following too (but I'm not expecting to be able to these by any means):

• search where a category includes a list of values (i.e., where category include('Interest Earned', 'Paycheck') and the opposite where category not include(…)
  • search where a category is like a value, for example: where category like '%Entertainment` that would match 'Movies Entertainment' and 'Amusement Parks Entertainment', etc. — and also not like
  • or even the ability to do logical AND and OR, for example where category is 'Entertainment' AND amount > 100.00

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I dont think there is a simple way like in sql. You'd have to filter transactions selecting that account and every category other than one. Looking at the filter, its not even as easy as excel where you would be able to 'select all' and then deselect the one. You have to go one by one selecting.

In your bullet points you could do the first one the same way.

Second bullet, in the filter you can type the text entertainment and all relevant ones will show for you to select.

Third, no way I am aware of.

Answers

• gskluzacek
    gskluzacek Member
    Options

too bad I just can't ask quicken for a jdbc connection string to the database the has my Simplifi data. 🤣 LOL

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.