How to best caption spending patterns/habits for jointly held accounts and individual ones

Options
Skisox9
Skisox9 Member
edited April 25 in Getting Started

Hi there ,Pretty new Simplifi user here. First and foremost, how do I schedule a time with a coach/telephone call? Want to make sure I'm maximizing all the benefits.

A question for more experienced folks. Rather, here's the scenario. Wife and I are married. Our arrangement is that we have several joint bank accounts (HYSA and everyday fund), a joint investment account (Fidelity), and we share one credit card. Other personal/non-familial expenses I put on one of several cards and have my own investment, banking, and retirement accounts. 
I want to have a very clear idea of a) what I'm spending each month personally on individual items AND joint purchases and what percentage of my monthly income I'm using on a variety of purchases. Everything on one credit card would technically be split...so I want to see how much I'm spending eating out jointly (1/2 of my share of the joint credit card) and then any times I eat out on my own -- so I can see all my 'restaurant' expenses from both a joint perspective and an individual one. If that makes sense. This way I can get a clear picture of my income in a month; how much was allocated to joint expenses (and what categories); how much to individual expenses (and what categories)...and then, plan a budget from there. 
Thus, how can I best represent the following

Bank Accounts - Joint with wife

Investment accounts - Joint with wife

One Credit Card - Joint with wife

Other Bank Accounts - Just me

Other Investment accounts  - Just me

Multiple credit cards - Just me

Question I want Simplifi to answer: how much in the past months have I spent on joint purchases/family things, and how about just for myself. What can I expect, using these numbers, to spend in the future and/or best budget accordingly based on this information?
Thanks in advance for the help!
Scott

Best Answer

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.