My experience renewing my subscription (feedback)

Options
Chrobrego
Chrobrego Member ✭✭✭
edited April 30 in Feedback

I wanted to give Simplifi another shot after leaving about a year ago. I thought the software would be a bit more mature after so much time. Sadly, not so. I just lost three hours trying to start fresh and have experienced bug after design flaw after bug. It's been awful.

Notable problems:

• no way to 'start fresh' — you have to manually delete each account one by one.
  • deleting accounts does not automatically delete reoccurring transactions. You must delete those one by one as well. (deleting accounts should delete these automatically, yes?)
  • after deleting a reoccurring 'series' and clicking 'delete' for all future transactions as well, You click on the next month, and find the transaction that you thought was deleted is still there? In short, deleting 'all future transactions' only deletes for the current month.
  • I wanted to setup a life insurance payment for this upcoming Nov and do a rollover each month to save up the money for it. I created the reoccurring under Bills in the spending plan using the 'new' button under that section. Simplifi acknowledged it was created, but it does not show up in Bills. It does however show up in reoccurring.
  • After deleting all the reoccurring transactions in the reoccurring transactions list, I still see phantom reoccurring transactions in my timeline graph.

This is unacceptable for software at this stage of development in my opinion.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Chrobrego, thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community!

Although Quicken Simplifi doesn't have a 'Start Fresh' function, our Support Team (myself included) can delete your dataset for you, which would let you start completely over. However, we do have an Idea post that I'd definitely suggest adding your vote and feedback to as well:

With that, I'm not quite sure why you're experiencing the things you have since signing back into Quicken Simplifi. As far as I'm aware, deleting an account should also delete any associated Recurring Series. Our support article here states: "deleting bank accounts permanently removes their Transaction Activity and associated Recurring Series from Quicken Simplifi."

At this point, I'd recommend allowing us to delete your dataset so you can get a fresh start, which will hopefully get things moving in a much smoother direction for you. Let me know if you'd like me to do this for you!

-Coach Natalie

• Chrobrego
    Chrobrego Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2
    Options

Learn from my mistake. If you ever leave Simplifi for a bit (I left to wait on rollover to show up), then decide to return, I'd suggest asking the Helpdesk staff to completely delete your data file. I spent hours trying to get Simplify to work again and it was terribly buggy and nothing seemed to work properly — completely unusable. I was about to cancel my subscription in frustration till someone suggested that Helpdesk delete my old data file completely. Once they deleted the old info, Simplfi started working again. Setup was far easier and without the bugs. I think the newer version of Simplifi just choked on my old data file perhaps? Anyway, hopefully Quicken implements a 'fresh start' option soon. I think it would save a lot of headaches in future. Glad to have Simplifi working properly.

• Chrobrego
    Chrobrego Member ✭✭✭
    Options

REVISION: the bugs I reported have disappeared once I started a new data file. I think this is in itself a bug though. Simplifi should either make a person start fresh when they cancel (not a great marketing idea though) or work with older files and automatically update them so that they don't cause problems.