Citizens Bank Slow to Pull Transactions, even though the balance is quick to update

Options
RoRo
RoRo Member ✭✭

Hi there,

This may be an issue more on the Citizen's side than Simplifi's, but wanted to flag. I just had a paycheck paid into my Citizen's 'One Deposit Checking' account, and the balance updated almost immediately in Simplifi.

However, I've noticed it usually takes around 5 days for a transaction (neither pending or cleared) to show up at all in Simplifi - so until then, I can't link it or reference an actual transaction.

Is Simplifi definitely pulling pending transactions from Citizen's bank accounts? (Or maybe Citizen's bank isn't releasing it).

I saw another closed thread on this in my research, but I have found the transactions show eventually:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RoRo,

Thanks for reaching out! Did you try Resetting your Account Connections, as mentioned in the previous post? https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections Let us know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RoRo
    RoRo Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jon,

I just reset the connection again just now, and no luck. The balance is correct, but the actual pending transaction that posted - from when I look in the Citizen's own online banking page - to make it this balance still isn't coming through to Simplifi.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @RoRo,

Thanks for the information! If you could please provide the below information, this would help us going forward.

• The name of the account the transactions are missing from, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    • The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few example transactions that are currently missing in Quicken Simplifi.
    • A screenshot of the example transactions from the bank's website.
    • A screenshot of the corresponding register in Quicken Simplifi showing that the transactions are missing.
    • Confirm whether the missing transactions are impacting the balance in Quicken Simplifi or not.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RoRo
    RoRo Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Coach Jon - will send you the details in a DM.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @RoRo,

Thanks for the information! We have escalated this issue for you and will provide updates as we have them. Thank you for your patience!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Ticket EWC - 11029708

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @RoRo,

Thanks for your patience. Our development team came back and has said that the issue has been resolved. The bank account should be ready for your use. Please try to log in, refresh 2-3 times, and let us know if the issue is fixed for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RoRo
    RoRo Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Coach Jon,

Given it almost a day and multiple log ins, refreshes, on both web and mobile. Still seeing the issue i'm afraid.

Here is the current status in Simplifi, note overal balance is accurate at $718.10, its just missing recent transactions:

Here is what is in Citizens. All transactions are at least from yesterday. some have cleared and are still not shown in simplifi. The one right at the bottom is the one you see in the Simplifi shot above:

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @RoRo,

Thanks for following up! To help us further with this issue, please respond back to us with 3 examples of missing transactions, as well as a screenshot from the bank's website showing the URL at the top and the page of transactions in the account.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @RoRo,

I was just following up to see if you had the chance to provide us with those examples previously asked for? Please let us know!

Thank you,

Coach Jon

• RoRo
    RoRo Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Coach jon - apologies was out of town all last week. I'll make some transactions on the account over the next few days and follow up with these.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.