How to turn OFF 'new category rule' default checkbox when I change a category

Options
MNMIS
MNMIS Member

For some vendors such as Amazon, I want various (Amazon) transactions put under different categories (eg: shopping, returns, health, clothing, etc). The problem is that when I change a category for a given transaction, Simplifi brings up a small checked box defaulting to change ALL Amazon transactions to the new category I typed in. If I'm working quickly and don't 'UNCHECK' that box, Simplifi changes ALL my historic Amazon transactions to the new category AND loses all of my notes and splits. This is a nightmare! So how do I turn that checkmark off so that when I make a category change to a vendor the box is NOT checked by default?

Best Answer

Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @MNMIS

What you are describing would be frustrating.

I'm trying to find the check box you are talking about. I just opened one of my Amazon transactions and changed the category but didn't see the "change all Amazon transaction" with a checkbox.

Where are you seeing this? Could you post a screenshot of the showing the transaction detail/edit screen?

I have been setting different categories for my amazon purchases for quite a while but haven't had this issue so I'm curious to see where this is happening for you.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh, my goodness! I completely missed that, @Coach Natalie

I reckon that it's been so long since I've had to recategorize or had a new vendor and expense that needed a categorization rule that that selection at the top of the dropdown menu for category "disappeared" to me.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.