New to Simplifi: Unable to Access Merrill Lynch FDP-103 error

Options
cuitcny
cuitcny Member

Tryin the first time to Ass Account as ml.com or Merrill edge.com. Always get the following error:

"To connect to Merrill Lynch Online Payment, you must re-enter your credentials. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at Merrill Lynch Online Payment to ensure they are correct.
Care Code: FDP-103"

I can connect at ml.com but not through Simlifi.

Help.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@cuitcny, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

A 103 error indicates that invalid credentials are being used to connect your bank account in Quicken Simplifi. To troubleshoot this partcular error, please thoroughly follow these steps:

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

Hi. thank you for the suggestions but nothing works today. My impression is that any bank account that allows one to Add Account directly—without Simpifi going to the bank's website directly—was not working this morning and giving a 103 error. This afternoon, no 103 error but just a conning "connecting". on forever and never actually linking. Same problem for five banks I tried to connect. For TD Bank, Simplifi requires one to first enter credentials on the tdbank website: this ws th only bank I could connect with. Something is wrong this morning and this afternoon. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Wish the Aggregator was sonlutled more often. Spent 2 hours on Simiplifi chat with no resolution.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@cuitcny, thanks for posting back!

I'm not sure that I'm following what's going on exactly — were you able to get your banks connected in Quicken Simplifi? If not, please provide more details, such as what banks are experiencing an issue, and what the specific error or issue is.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

Originally I got four banks to work (Chase, Citibank TD Bank, Bank of America). Now I am unable to add anymore accounts. The problem though is that even if I use an incorrect password, Simplifi does not come back with an error—with the correct password or incorrect password the system just stays in a perpetual retrieving data. This is the case regardless of what new accounts I try to add: I have tried at least ten other accounts, including Discover.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@cuitcny, thanks for posting back!

It looks like you're working with Coach Jon in your other thread regarding the inability to add any new accounts/banks in Quicken Simplifi, so please proceed with doing so there:

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.