Can Not Add Any New Accounts

Options
cuitcny
cuitcny Member

I started Simplifi about one month ago. After getting about 5 accounts added (checking), I am now unable to add any new accounts to SImplifi (although all of those not being added work well in Quicken Classic).

I have worked with Simpli Help Desk for almost three full days and we go through the same routine of checking this or that, but in the end Simplifi blocks all valid accounts from being added.

How does one get a Simplifi Expert to solve this problem: without being able to Add New Accounts, the annual subscription fee is not worth it.

Any ideas how to get better help?

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @cuitcny,

Thanks for reaching out! To help clarify your situation, could you let us know what banks you are unable to connect to in Quicken Simplifi, and what errors you receive when you try to connect?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

It does not matter what the bank is I am trying to connect: it happens with all banks. The problem is that even if I use an incorrect password Simplifi does not come bask with an error. Always a perpetual loop, with correct or incorrect credentials. It is clear that Simplifi is not transiting the information I input to any aggregation system..,

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

Hi Coach Jon:

To clarify, this problem is with any bank. There is no ability to add any account as the system just keeps trying but never a response. I even purposely used a wrong password and an error —wrong password or userid—never show up. This occurs with any computer, any network, any browser, phone or computer. It is clear that Simplifi is not even communicating incorrect information to the bank.

I have tried with more than ten bank accounts.

There is something wrong in that communication is being blocked at the Simplifi end.

cuitcny

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @cuitcny,

I am not sure why Quicken Simplifi would not be transmitting any data unless something along the data stream is being blocked. Do you use a VPN or another software that may potentially be blocking data from arriving/being sent?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

Hi Coach Jon

Not only do I not use a VPN, but this fundamental problem—blocking—occurs regardless of what network I am on - I tried at least 5 networks (home, office, another office, hotel, etc.); I tried using iPhone connection; I tried with app; I tried with web browser; any browser. All tie the assistance of a Simplifi support person.

The only thing left is for Simplifi IT people to try to add an account (bank) to my account—they can try to add a dummy bank account.

It seems to me that all of the blocking is origianting at your aggregator.

BTW, these very bank accounts are all accessible and accessed by me in Quicken classic.

cuitcny

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

Hello Coach Jon

The problem occurs with almost every bank account I try to add. Last night, for the first time in nine week, I was able to add American Express bank accounts to my Simplifi Account, but not Discover Cardit Card.

American Express seems to use a different means of verifying credentials—Simplifi goes to Amex website and pulls the possible accounts that can be added—whereas Discover (and all the ones that fail being add) simply go to the respective website to submit the credentials.

Please advise, Simplifi seems to go "dead" when at first Discover credentials are sent (within one second) but then when one tried again, it goes into endless loop looking for data.

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

Hi COach Jon

I also tried Santander Bank; it too does not add account. Same problem. Continuous looping for secure connection.

cuitcny

• Coach Jon
    edited May 10
    Options

Hello @cuitcny,

Thanks for reaching out! To help clarify your situation, please provide the below information. This will help us determine what is going on.

• A list of the banks you're attempting to connect to in Quicken Simplifi that just spin
    • The types of accounts you're trying to add
    • Do any of the banks have Multi-factor authentication?
    • How long do you wait before closing out of the window that spins
    • A video showing the issue
    • A list of the browsers and devices you have tried to connect on
    • Logs that can be sent using the instructions below:
    1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

How do I send a video; a video clearly shows what is happening.

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

The window will spin for at least 20 minutes before the program times out.

Santander, Discover, Merrill Lynch, just to name a few. Citizens, as well.

Every possible browser, operating system and computer known have been used.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @cuitcny,

Thank you for the reply, but we will need the specifics in order to determine a solution. Please list every browser, device, and OS you have tried, as well as every bank that fails to connect. Additionally please send the requested logs and let us know whether these banks have MFA.

Thank you,

Coach Jon

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

Santander Bank BUsiness (MFA-no)

Santander Bank Consumer (MFA-no)

Discover Card (MFA-no)

Merrill Lynch (MFA-yes)

Citizens Bank (MFA-no)

FireFox

Google

Bing

Safari

OSX

Windows 11 (latest update; three different computers)

iPHone Connection through Digital Data

WI-FI at three different loactions

OSX (latest update, Mac MINI)

Used APP on iPhone

used browser on iPone

used browsers on PC and OSX

Safari used on on OSX

logs already sent

need to know how to send video

video tells the whole story

cuitcny

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @cuitcny,

Thanks for the information! You can attach a video by using the paperclip icon at the bottom of the text box.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

There is no paper clip at the bottom of the Text Box.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

You should see the paperclip icon near the lower left of the text box when adding a new comment.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

Am I the only one who does not see these four symbols that Simplifi says are present in the Text box on send feedback? I see the sybols here on Leave a Coommnet but would npot the vieo I attach now being viewabl by everyone?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@cuitcny, thanks for the reply!

To clarify, sending your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option is different than gathering data here in the Community. When you send your logs via 'Send Feedback', you don't want to submit any additional info. The steps Coach Jon provided above outline what to include, which is to leave all boxes checked and to add a brief description. Any other data would be gathered via the Support Channel you chose to work with, which in this case is the Community. The symbols Coach Jon and Coach Kristina provided above are for the Community. If you want to send something privately in the Community, you may do so via a DM to the Coach, however, the discussion would then be brought back to this main thread in the public forum.

I hope this helps clear up the confusion!

-Coach Natalie

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

Coach Natalie, thank you for confirming that sending the video is not confidential.

Hence, per my comments to Coach Jon, the video is key but there is no way to send it to Coach Jon without it being made public. Thus, I do not see how Simplifi can help me resolve this issue of not being to add accounts.

I have sent the logs using Feedback; now I await help in adding accounts.

@cuitcny

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@cuitcny, you can DM the video here in the Community or we can also email you a link to our Secure File Exchange and you can upload the video there. Alternatively, you'd need to reach out to Chat or Phone Support for a private interaction, though I believe they would end up using Secure File Exchange to get the video from you.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

Coach Natalie

please email a link to the Secure File Exchange. I have already spent more than 8 hours on chat or telephone with various coaches from SImplifi but they are unable to resolve the situation and at the same time unable to see what happens.

To me it is clear that the aggregators are not working shen I hit submit.

@cuitcny

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

Coach Natalie or Coach Jon

Please advise how you can help me get Simplifi to add accounts.

@ccuitcny

• Coach Jon
    edited May 14
    Options

Hello @cuitcny,

I have emailed you the Secure File Exchange link. Go ahead and attach the video there, and let us know when that is done.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

Coach Jon

The video file was uploaded. It shows the very typical response I have been getting from virtually all add accounts. In the case on the video, I used Discover as an example, But the same issue occurs with almost every account I try to add.

@cuitcny

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @cuitcny,

Thanks! We received the video. If you leave it to connect/spin, does it stay like that indefinitely or does something else eventually happen?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• cuitcny
    cuitcny Member
    Options

it stays indefinitely spinning; nothing eventually happens.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @cuitcny,

Thank you for your patience! We have reported this issue and will provide updates here as we receive them.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Ticket: CTP-10025

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.