Historical spending by category

Options
matthawk7
matthawk7 Member
edited May 2 in Getting Started

Hi,

New user from Mint here and I'm hoping for a similar experience. I'm an avid budgeter for 10 years and relied on mint's ability to show me historical spending by category. I would look for categories that I spent money on, that weren't in my typical month-to-month budget. This is useful when trying to build out a longer term plan to include more than just day to day expenses. When using simplifi I don't see a way to look back to see any categories I should be adding to my "planed expenses" or watchlist categories. If this is already present, could someone point me in the right direction? If not, could a similar reporting system be implemented? It would be hugely helpful!

Thanks,

Matt

ps feel free to move this if it's in the wrong area

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @matthawk7,

Thanks for reaching out! I am unsure how Mint specifically worked when it comes to viewing Historical Spending by Category, but in Quicken Simplifi you can always view the Spending Report and breakdown by Category and Date Range. Here is our article on using reports in Quicken Simplifi! https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4592676-using-reports-in-quicken-simplifi#spending-reports-

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @matthawk7 Welcome to Simplifi.

I'm a fellow user but I'm in my third year with Quicken Simplifi.

@Coach Jon pointed you to the support article for Reports but I wanted to mention that I have found QS to be a very different experience from other app I've used in the past. I encourage you to get to know the QS environment and workflow and while inevitably making a comparison with how the other app functioned, try to approach QS as an app that will take a different approach to personal financial management.

Again, welcome to QS and welcome to the conversation.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.