Net Worth Report doesn't match balance for mortgage account after importing history

System
System Administrator admin
edited May 9 in Report a Bug

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Importing Account Balance For Connected Liability Accounts.

Tagged:

Comments

• Neubadger
    Neubadger Member

To continue from my post above, today I was able to import the historical balance of Mortgage (Refinanced), but that caused a new problem.

On my dashboard, the correct and current value of my mortgage is shown. On my Net Worth Report, the imported historical values are shown - which is new. However, on my Net Worth Report, the current value is wrong. Image below.

Because I joined in mid-March 2024, I'm wondering if importing balance values for 3/31/2024 and 4/30/2024 screwed something up. Regardless, how can I fix this incorrect value?

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @Neubadger,

Thanks for reaching out! I would suggest importing the Historical Balance again, as this should provide an immediate resolution to the issue seen in the screenshot here. Then be sure to keep an eye on things going forward and let us know if it does not fix the issue.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Neubadger
    Neubadger Member

Hi Coach Jon,

I imported the historical balance again, and this did not fix the issue.

• Coach Jon

Hello @Neubadger,

Thanks for the reply. I would suggest trying to narrow down when exactly this issue occurred by using a date range for the current month in the report. This will allow you to to see a per day breakdown, narrowing down where in the month this issue popped up at.

Additionally, what date did you use in the template for May when you imported your history?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Neubadger
    Neubadger Member
    edited May 17

Hi Coach Jon,

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked February, March, and April and saw no issues, but check out May below. On the 2nd, 9th, and 16th, the balance flips to positive $41370.30 rather than the accurate negative balance (which changes after a payment on 4/1 but is around -$210k). These positive balances are notably 7 days apart, though I don't know what's causing them.

I also noticed another issue that could be related, so I'll include it here for reference. On the same day I imported my mortgage balance history, I also imported a vehicle loan balance history. That account is also showing some very odd behavior, flipping positive to negative and flipping from accurate to seemingly arbitrary values. The current, accurate balance of this account is -$4926.05. From 5/1 to 5/6 (or maybe 5/7), the correct balance was -$5134.70.

Both of these accounts are shown below.

• Coach Jon

Hello @Neubadger,

Thanks for the reply! Can you let us know if this account is manual or connected? Additionally, We will also need the Balance History CSV file you imported, so we can verify what is going on in this situation. You can DM us directly!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Neubadger
    Neubadger Member

Both the mortgage account and the car loan account are connected accounts. I just sent you the mortgage balance history .csv file as a .txt file because .csv files aren't supported as DM attachments.

• Coach Jon

Hello @Neubadger,

We will need the CSV file itself. I will send you a Secure File Transfer email where you can attach the file.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Neubadger
    Neubadger Member

Unless there's something strange going on with the file, you should just be able to rename a .txt to a .csv and vice-versa.

Regardless, I attached the CSV file using the Secure File Transfer email.

• Coach Jon

Hello @Neubadger,

Thanks for the information! One last thing we need from you is for you to send us logs, please.

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2.  Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3.  With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4.  Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks,
    Coach Jon

• Neubadger
    Neubadger Member

Hi Coach Jon,

I just submitted another log per the instructions above. Report reference id 434074120247867651.

• Coach Jon

Thanks @Neubadger,

May we also please have your Version and Build for Quicken Simplifi, as well as the web browser you are using with its version and your OS?

Thank you,

Coach Jon

• Neubadger
    Neubadger Member

So far, I'm only using the web version of Simplifi.

Browser: Microsoft Edge Version 125.0.2535.67

• Coach Jon

Hello @Neubadger,

Thanks for the reply! We still need the Version and Build for Quicken Simplifi as well. It is available on your dashboard page, if you scroll to the bottom of the page.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Neubadger
    Neubadger Member

Simplifi Browser Version: 4.11.0 (25643/29ab392ce)

• Coach Jon

Hello @Neubadger,

Thank you for your patience. We have reported this issue and will post any updates here as we receive them.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

SIMPL-21266