Canadian users be aware !!

np1
np1 Member
edited July 1 in Feedback

While Quicken Simplifi is technically available in Canada, it currently lacks support for many Canadian financial institutions. I made the mistake of purchasing a year-long subscription, only to discover that most of my accounts couldn't be connected. To make matters worse, there was no way to get a refund or cancel my subscription.

Fellow Canadians, I urge you to avoid Quicken products like Simplifi. With limited support for our banks and no trial period to test compatibility, it's a costly gamble. Don't waste your money!

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @np1,

I'm sorry to hear you encountered difficulties when trying to cancel and get a refund. You should be able to get a refund as long as you make the request within 30 days of when you subscribed. I can see that you subscribed through the app store on your device, so you would need to reach out to them for further assistance. For directions on how to do that, click this link.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• np1
    np1 Member

I contacted Google the response was:

We received your refund request of CA$XX.XX for Simplifi Annual Subscription - New (Quicken: Budget, Money Tracker), Transaction ID GPA.3344-0284-3523-XXXXX, but this purchase doesn't qualify for a refund under our refund policy. We understand that this must be frustrating and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

This is Just wrong, I encourage subscribers from Canada not to make the same mistake as I did.

Take note that Simplifi does not work for most Canadian accounts

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭

Based on what you just said, it sounds like you tried to challenge the charge instead of contacting Quicken for a refund. Its a legitimate charge. You agreed to the purchase. Google has no basis for upholding your challenge. You need to get Quicken to refund you by talking to them. And as per @Coach Kristina 's response they will only do so if it has been less than 30 days since your purchase.

• np1
    np1 Member

I had reached out to Quicken on several occasions, but they indicated that they cant do anything since the purchase was not done via Quicken.

• np1
    np1 Member

Anyway, I have accepted the loss, as a lesson learned, and to warn other Canadians not to make the same mistake as I did. its good to have the facts.

• jrkaine54
    jrkaine54 Unconfirmed, Member

I had no issue connecting to my RBC accounts and mapping the data.

This discussion has been closed.