Autopay from checking to credit card, why two credits and one debit?

Tom Gorrell
Tom Gorrell Member
edited June 20 in Using Transfers

When my credit card is auto paid from my bank to the credit cared company, it's always posted as two credits and one debit. Why? In what category should these be posted?

Comments

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭

One should be posted as Transfer > Your Credit Card and the other should be Transfer > Your Bank Account. I don't know why you would end up with an extra transaction, but if you have recurring transaction(s) set up for them I'd recommend to delete each series and see if that helps

• This is what happened. How does this impact accurate accounting of my spending?

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @Tom Gorrell,

Thanks for the reply, and for reaching out! To answer your question, we get the balance for your connected account from the bank itself. As to why you have an additional transaction, I am unsure. I would try Resetting your Account Connection to see if that resolves the problem going forward. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭

If you click on each of the positive transactions, does it show "Appears on your Costco Anywhere… Statement" for both? That would show that were both downloaded from your account, which looks like buggy behavior. Hopefully resetting the connections will help fix that.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tom Gorrell

You have your credit card payment set up as a loan payment. It should be a transfer unless you have a balance you are paying off over time. Still, Simplifi will, by interpret a credit card payme t as a TRANSFER from the cash accont to the credit card account.

Is there a reason for the cc being categorized as a loan payment?

Is the credit card held at a bank that you have successfully connected to Simplifi?

I'm wondering if the reason for the double has to do with your.category and what the app anticipates.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.