When using rollover budget it should also the money from being "available" to contribute to goals.

insanenutman
insanenutman Member
edited June 17 in Using the Spending Plan

When using rollover budget it should also the money from being "available" to contribute to goals.

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @insanenutman,

Thanks for reaching out! I went ahead and changed this post from an idea post to a discussion, as I am unsure on what specifically you are asking for here. Could you please go into detail on what exactly you are requesting?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• insanenutman
    insanenutman Member

When contributing to a goal, Simplifi opens a dialogue with a picklist of all accounts. Next to each account is a "Balance" figure. If there is zero balance or zero available, then Simplifi prevents user from contributing to that goal with that account. Now that there is the option to rollover funds in the planned spending, rolling over is similar to a savings goal in that the leftover funds are to be held until later. Ie. Let's say that I have budgeted for gifts $200 per month and in May I only spend $50 leaving $150 to be rolled over to June. I want to make sure that I also don't contribute that $150 to a savings goal.

The workaround at this point is to create a new savings goal called Rollover amounts, add up all the rolled over amounts and then set that aside in the goal so that I would then be unable to use that Account balance for any other goal.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@insanenutman

Take a look at this feature request as perhaps what you are also asking for:

Your expansion on having of how Savings Goals make designated savings goal funds "unavailable" in Simplifi is a further clarification of this feature request.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • insanenutman
    insanenutman Member

Yes this is exactly what I'm talking about.

This discussion has been closed.