Customizable Columns in Reports/Include 'Notes' Column (edited)

Options
2»

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

At the moment, I would guess that implementing rollover functionality is taking the majority of the priority work.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• ljohnsontd
    Options

I just talked with support about this and they said that it is not possible at this time but to post it.

When I am entering editing my transactions from the transaction screen or from within the individual accounts there is a little gear that lets me customize my view so that I can see the columns that are important for me. This is a great feature, which allows me to use the notes field. However, when I use the reports tab, which I have to use every month, there is no option to customize the columns that I see. I am locked to seeing the tags column, which I do not use, and I cannot see the notes column, which I use all the time. Is there any way to change the tags column on the reports to the notes column? This would be a big help.

• nairbkralc
    nairbkralc Member
    edited February 25
    Options

Make the transaction list as similar as possible across all views.

- In the "Transactions" view you get all columns, including the handy "Notes"!
    - In the "Reports" view the transaction list is missing the notes column. Seems like it would fit and would add utility to the view. Seems arbitrary that it is missing, though it does reduce clutter. Still, I'd rather have the notes view available (maybe as an option?) because it is very useful.

[Merged Post]

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25
    Options

Good news! This request is already being reviewed by the Simplifi team and has over 80 votes. Vote for it on the first page by clicking the up black arrow on the yellow bar.

[Merged Post]

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25
    Options

[edit:ooops - I'm 1 minute behind]

This has 76 votes already - your post will likely be merged with that one. Please consider searching the forum before creating new requests.

[Merged Post]

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Now that some of the bigger features are starting to get done (like More recurring date options and credit score), I myself would like it if they came back and addressed this issue. It's been requested for about four years now, and new users are coming in and requesting it, so clearly, it's a pain point. This "should" be relatively easy for the developers (when compared to the major features they've been working on). I realize "customizable columns in reports" isn't something you can put in marketting as a major feature to attract users. Still, there is enough 'expectation that it should be there' that it may be hurting your longer-term subscriptions anyway.

Rob Wilkens

• James-0401
    James-0401 Member
    edited March 3
    Options

It would be helpful to have a gear icon to add or change columns in Reports section like you do in the Transaction section.

I am not a big tag user so I see the tag column in the reports section and that is not much help to me. I would prefer to see notes. Thanks.

[Merged Post]

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3
    Options

I suspect what you're asking for is already requested here. Please add your vote!

[Merged Post]

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Wolzering
    Options

Please add notes to reports and splits. I just switched to Simplifi, and this is an issue for me. Transaction reports need to show the notes and there needs to be a note that you can write for each split of a transaction, so when I pull my report I can see what I purchased. In particular need this for Amazon…as that's a rats nest of transactions with splits to categories all over.