Posting negative number

Options
JXXS
JXXS Member

I'm a new user, so far I'm happy with Simplifi but I need help with one issue.

I just found that about 50 transactions were put into travel/restaurants when they should have been in household/groceries. Rather than change each transaction I want to enter an adjustment but I can't figure out how to credit the restaurant account for the total amount. Simplifi wont let me enter a negative number for a credit/income into restaurants nor to create and income account for it.

I'd appreciate help on how to make an adjustment.

Comments

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Create a manual transaction

Add a split to it

Groceries: 500

Restaurants: +500

By typing a + before the number it goes in as a credit to that category and if both are the same value then its a net zero transaction. I do the same thing when I do an amazon return, get the gift card credit, and then spend that credit on a different category than the original purchase.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You could also do a bulk edit of the miscategorized transactions. Do a search for the grocery transactions then either select all if necessary individually, then click on edit icon and edit the category.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.