Downloaded Mint data - all notepad files!

Options
Scoutin'
Scoutin' Member
edited July 11 in Getting Started

I have downloaded my mint data, I had to request it, wait for a link, then downloaded it. It seems that the Simplifi Chrome extension doesn't work any longer because it expects me to login to Mint.com which is no longer active. So, I tried to go the manual route, but need some more help. I figured out how to convert *.txt files to *.csv files and tried to import a couple to no avail. I get an error message that says "An error occurred during CSV file import. Try a different file or try again." Am I trying to do this out of order? The files from Mint are very cryptic- ie. it isn't easy to see which account the transactions are for… When I downloaded the data it was in a .zip file. I expanded this, it downloaded into 3 files: Mint, ProConnect and SharedData. After much exploring, in SharedData there are additional files: Account, CustomerData, FinancialData, FinancialTransactions, and a few others. I do have a .json file, but I can only see a way to import .csv files a this time?

Comments

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The error you are getting sounds like perhaps a format error in your CSV. Simplifi expects values in specific formats. So perhaps your dates are not correct, or your amounts have dollar signs or something. Hard to tell without seeing an example of a row from it, but compare the format of each column to what the help says that column should look like.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Scoutin',

Thanks for reaching out! Here is a great article explaining how to import transactions via a CSV file: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4413430-how-to-manually-import-transactions

As for the CSV files in question that you have, did you create those manually or did you download them from Mint? If it is the former, you will want to make sure they follow our template. I hope this information helps!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.