Support Experience Leaves Much to Be Desired

FinanceGuy
FinanceGuy Member
edited July 26 in Feedback

As a user of Mint's free service for over a decade, I was hesitant to sign up for a service with a monthly/annual cost, but one of the main upsides in my mind was the strength of the Quicken brand and the promise of robust support (where Mint's had been basically non-existent).

However, I have found that the Call Back feature has never worked. I have tried multiple times since joining, and I never receive a call back. I've seen other posts about this, and the "solution" from a coach is to start a chat and request a call back, but if that is the necessary procedure, why even have the call back button at all if it does nothing?

Moreover, I opened my first real ticket for a broken account/sync yesterday, and the ticket was marked "closed" within an hour of opening. Tried requesting call back, still nothing. Reached out to chat support, and was informed that the ticket was closed because it was escalated to another team… To be honest, this makes no sense. As someone who has worked with numerous ticket management tools like Jira, Salesforce Cases, the idea of closing a case to escalate it to another team is counter-productive, and seems like a way to juice issue resolution stats to me.

Beyond that, no new case was issued, and I have no proactive communication as to the status of my ticket, or even whether it is actually being looked at/worked on.

It makes me wonder what it is that I am supposed to be paying for once my free trial is up…

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @FinanceGuy,

Thanks for your feedback! I am not sure why the callback feature has not worked for you, but I apologize for the experience. As for your issue, I can see on our side that it has been escalated to the appropriate team and is currently in progress. They should provide you with updates once they are available. I hope this helped clear up any confusion.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• I have initiated a request for call back 3 times, all within posted operating times (5am - 5pm PST) and did not get a call back . . . ever! Support leaves much to be desired.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @John Wells ,

Thanks for reaching out! I am sorry that the callback feature did not work for you. I am unsure as to why it would not be working. I would suggest starting a chat with our support team and letting them know you would like to request a callback. They should be able to set you up that way! https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thanks,

Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.