Issue with Kohls returning a FDP-155

mnox
mnox Member

I have been having issues connecting kohls credit card to simplifi for months, and all I ever see is "call Kohls, it's not on our end". Really frustrating! Tried again today and same issue, but I see what the problem may be.

When I try to add account, it only allows kohls.com. (kohls1.png)

and fails with FDP-155 (kohls2.png).

BUT, if I go to "bills and payments" and try tp connect my reoccurring bill, I am offered BOTH credit.kohls.com and kohls.com (kohls3.png).

When I used credit.kohls.com, it asked for my MFA code and successfully connected my bill to kohls cc (kohls4.png).

Is it possible that the issue is Simplifi needs to add the correct URL to the add accounts? This is really frustrating and I'd really like to embrace Simplifi as a management solution.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@mnox, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

To clarify, connecting to a bank for Bill Connect is a separate service from connecting to a bank for transactional and balance downloads. Sadly, the FDP-155 error has been an ongoing issue with Kohl's for quite some time, and means that the bank is permanently or indefinitely blocking us for online banking aggregation. We haven't been able to get very far in resolving this matter with the bank, so we recommend contacting them directly to help make them aware of the issue from their end.

Here is our Alert for this known issue so you can follow it for updates:

Sorry for not having better news, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• mnox
    mnox Member

Is this issue closed? I am unable to post a response.

• mnox
    mnox Member

I posted a reply by it immediately disappeared, so I shall repost.

I understand that the issue has been going on for over a year, and support response is “it’s not us it’s them”. All I’m asking is simply “please ask the developers to investigate my screenshots and confirm their opinion that Simplifi is targeting the correct url in the Account Setup process”. When I log into kohls.com, it only allows me to log in using my email address with password. I can see some bill info, but it clearly states:

“To view your eStatements, make changes to your account, or to request a credit line increase go to My Kohl's Card website.”

When you go to https://credit.kohls.com/eCustService/, it shows:

“Customer Login Reminder: You have a separate username and password to log into Kohls.com”

And on this page, I use a username and different password.

I’m not trying to be combative, but also trying not to be dismissed. I can obfuscate and provide browser debugging responses showing exactly what is happening during the calls, but TBH, all I’m asking Quicken to do is admit that there might be a 1% chance that there may be an issue on their end and check a configuration.

• mnox
    mnox Member

But when you log into kohls.com, it requires you to log in using your email address, not username. While you can see some bill info, it requires you to go to https://credit.kohls.com/eCustService/ to actually look at your cc statements.

When you go there, it displays "Customer Login Reminder: You have a separate username and password to log into Kohls.com". THe configuration for the Bill Payments might have caught this.

All I'm asking is "why are there 2 links in accounts (1 for Kohls Credit Card and 1 for Kohls), both going to kohls.com and both failing, while Bill payment shows 2 links (1 for Kohls Credit Card and 1 for Kohls Gift Card) with 2 different links and the credit card one works. Please ask a developer to validate what I'm saying. If needed, I can obfuscate private info and send you info from my browser debugger showing the responses from your app posts. I'm not trying to be combative, but also not trying to be dismissed.

• Coach Natalie
    edited June 14

@mnox, thanks for the reply!

To clarify the issue, Kohl's is blocking us. Our engineering team is already working on the issue from our end, but they have been unsuccessful in obtaining a resolution with the bank. This is why our Alert recommends users contact the bank, and why I made this recommendation to you. Other than that, we don't have any additional insight or recommendations to provide on the issue here in the Community.

I hope this helps clear things up!

-Coach Natalie

• mnox
    mnox Member

Thank you. It took a couple of times reading to understand what was happening. TBH, the fact that the Account and Bill pay are separate, and that I can at least get the bill pay part done may be enough for now.

Thanks.

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie I'm a bit confused on this one because I didn't think Simplifi had any control over connections? In other connections that weren't working it was suggested to contact !ntu!t because they are in control of connections. But there are engineers at Simplifi that can investigate and resolve connection issues? How do we get a connection issue to rise to the level that they look at it?

• Coach Natalie

@bowgy4, please reference my comment here where I stated that we are already working on the issue from our end:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I was responding to that comment. There have been other threads, specifically the Illinois 529 Bright Start plan, where the answer was that Simplifi doesn't have any control over connections and we needed to contact the other company and/or !ntu!t directly to resolve. This makes it sound like Simplifi engineers can actually do something about connection configurations. I think it would be helpful to clarify what things about connections Simplifi can try to fix (so we know what to ask for) vs. have no control over (so we know what to give up on).

• Coach Natalie
    edited June 18

@bowgy4, I think there may be some confusion between requesting a missing bank and escalating an issue for an existing bank, as well as on what's been stated prior.

When it comes to requesting a bank that's not supported, we can't guarantee that we'll be able to add the connection. It's not that we can't do anything from our end—we have a request process for a reason—it's that there are other parties involved in adding the connection so it's not in our control. When a bank is highly requested and we haven't made progress from our end, I usually recommend that users make the request directly to their bank as well, and share the link to our service provider with them. This may increase the odds of the connection being added if the bank also pursues it from its end.

An escalation for an issue with an existing bank allows our engineering team to work with our service provider and the bank to resolve the issue. In this particular case with Kohl's, we have been unsuccessful in obtaining a resolution, which is why we recommend contacting the bank. We hope that more users complaining to the bank will increase the chances that they'll do something about the connection issue.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.